TOBI

Giggles

Does anyone do TOBI everyday, every month? My doc said I could stay on all the time but I am worried about resistance. I feel better when on it then on my off month when I am on Colistin and Cayston does not work for me. Anyone out there take it all the time....<br><br>Thanks!<br>

Giggles

Does anyone do TOBI everyday, every month? My doc said I could stay on all the time but I am worried about resistance. I feel better when on it then on my off month when I am on Colistin and Cayston does not work for me. Anyone out there take it all the time....<br><br>Thanks!<br>

Giggles

rubyroselee

I have also had a similar problem when not being able to tolerate Colistin and Cayston, and Tobi just works wonders for me. I think it's a possibility to take it without a break, but the risk of resistance is much higher of course. And something I have noticed is that the Tobi sort of loses it's effect after several weeks (usually by the 4th week on it I can tell it's not working as good anymore)...so being on it all the time wouldn't really work well for me because of that reason. But once I'm off the Tobi for a period of time, I can feel the difference when I'm back on it. Good luck!

rubyroselee

I have also had a similar problem when not being able to tolerate Colistin and Cayston, and Tobi just works wonders for me. I think it's a possibility to take it without a break, but the risk of resistance is much higher of course. And something I have noticed is that the Tobi sort of loses it's effect after several weeks (usually by the 4th week on it I can tell it's not working as good anymore)...so being on it all the time wouldn't really work well for me because of that reason. But once I'm off the Tobi for a period of time, I can feel the difference when I'm back on it. Good luck!

rubyroselee

Tisha

Colistin started giving me intolerance after 14 years of using it (brochoespasm).
<br>I went on to Tobi and realized on the month off, I was getting sick. Doctor said I could take it continuously but that ends up giving me buzz in my ears (I'm over-sensitive after megadoses of tobramicine in 1994). So I was taking Tobi with abt 2 weeks of break (1 month - 2 weeks off - 1 month, etc.).
I started getting bronchoespasms, but then the doctor suggested doing Atrovent and waiting 20 min, and that has worked well. <br>After this latest hospitalization, we're going to try 1 month Tobi and 1 month Colisting (2 million every 12 hours).
<br>I'll keep you posted...

Tisha

Colistin started giving me intolerance after 14 years of using it (brochoespasm).
<br>I went on to Tobi and realized on the month off, I was getting sick. Doctor said I could take it continuously but that ends up giving me buzz in my ears (I'm over-sensitive after megadoses of tobramicine in 1994). So I was taking Tobi with abt 2 weeks of break (1 month - 2 weeks off - 1 month, etc.).
I started getting bronchoespasms, but then the doctor suggested doing Atrovent and waiting 20 min, and that has worked well. <br>After this latest hospitalization, we're going to try 1 month Tobi and 1 month Colisting (2 million every 12 hours).

Tisha

<p>Colistin started giving me intolerance after 14 years of using it (brochoespasm).
<p>I started getting bronchoespasms, but then the doctor suggested doing Atrovent and waiting 20 min, and that has worked well. <br>After this latest hospitalization, we're going to try 1 month Tobi and 1 month Colisting (2 million every 12 hours).

D

Deb

I would be careful with your hearing. You need to stop if you develop ringing in your ears. This happened to me. They say that my hearing loss and ringing in my ear is due to IV Tobramycin but TOBI can also cause this so I don't use it anymore.
Before the hearing problems I also developed bronchospasm. Usually lasted the first 2-3 days I was on it but then went away.

D

Deb

I would be careful with your hearing. You need to stop if you develop ringing in your ears. This happened to me. They say that my hearing loss and ringing in my ear is due to IV Tobramycin but TOBI can also cause this so I don't use it anymore.
Before the hearing problems I also developed bronchospasm. Usually lasted the first 2-3 days I was on it but then went away.

D

Deb

<br />Before the hearing problems I also developed bronchospasm. Usually lasted the first 2-3 days I was on it but then went away.

Hardak

I would be worried about the buildup in your system with out time off, and resistance build up. Sadly I broncho spasm so badly I can't even take the stuff so for me its right to the vain. Might want to consider a weekly or bi weekly blood screening to make sure your not getting a high buildup in your blood. if your going to do this continuously.

Hardak

I would be worried about the buildup in your system with out time off, and resistance build up. Sadly I broncho spasm so badly I can't even take the stuff so for me its right to the vain. Might want to consider a weekly or bi weekly blood screening to make sure your not getting a high buildup in your blood. if your going to do this continuously.

Hardak