Tobramycin bad breath????

Emilie

I'm taking tobramycin since like 2 days because I have a little infection and I notice that I have a really bad breath after i'm taking it and I bruch my teeth the bad breath go away a little but after maybe an hour I still have a bad breath it's just not really fun I know it's not a big problem and all but I just wanted to know if it's normal plus I read on the internet that this product may cause a loss of hearing I hope it's not true.

Emilie

I'm taking tobramycin since like 2 days because I have a little infection and I notice that I have a really bad breath after i'm taking it and I bruch my teeth the bad breath go away a little but after maybe an hour I still have a bad breath it's just not really fun I know it's not a big problem and all but I just wanted to know if it's normal plus I read on the internet that this product may cause a loss of hearing I hope it's not true.

Emilie

T

TonyaH

Are you taking the tobra via iv?
I would lean more toward the bacteria causing your bad breath. Different bacteria have different odors, and sometimes I can even tell what Andrew is growing before his culture results based on his breath.
Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!

T

TonyaH

I would lean more toward the bacteria causing your bad breath. Different bacteria have different odors, and sometimes I can even tell what Andrew is growing before his culture results based on his breath.
Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!

T

TonyaH

<br />I would lean more toward the bacteria causing your bad breath. Different bacteria have different odors, and sometimes I can even tell what Andrew is growing before his culture results based on his breath.
<br />Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!

Jennyvb17

either way tobra tends to cause that really bad medicine smell when I take it. When I do the nebs it just destroys my mouth. my tongue gets a white film and my breath is gross. I've always assumed it is a yeast infection. I brush a lot, and switch tooth brushes once i'm done. But have never been able to stop it from starting.

Jennyvb17

either way tobra tends to cause that really bad medicine smell when I take it. When I do the nebs it just destroys my mouth. my tongue gets a white film and my breath is gross. I've always assumed it is a yeast infection. I brush a lot, and switch tooth brushes once i'm done. But have never been able to stop it from starting.

Jennyvb17

mag6125

Don't know about the bad breath but long term iv Tobramycin use can cause hearing loss. I've been on it more times than I can count and I also do Tobi aerosol at home and I have mild hearing loss in my left ear. Its just two frequencies that I have trouble hearing so I can't talk with the phone held up to my left ear and it makes some things sound muffled.

mag6125

Don't know about the bad breath but long term iv Tobramycin use can cause hearing loss. I've been on it more times than I can count and I also do Tobi aerosol at home and I have mild hearing loss in my left ear. Its just two frequencies that I have trouble hearing so I can't talk with the phone held up to my left ear and it makes some things sound muffled.

mag6125

nicolemarie2010

I get bad breath when im on tobi or if i am ever coughing a lot and it really productive my boyfriend says i have broccoli breath the only thing that i find that helps is constantly brushing my tongue

nicolemarie2010

I get bad breath when im on tobi or if i am ever coughing a lot and it really productive my boyfriend says i have broccoli breath the only thing that i find that helps is constantly brushing my tongue

nicolemarie2010

I go on inhaled Tobi every other month to keep infection down and yea, it'll give you pretty bad medicine breath. Also via IV too. It also destroys my throat via neb...kinda like inhaling razors, lol. And it could also be infection because anytime I cough a lot and work up some of the mucus from the lower lobes (you know, the brown, thick, clumpy stuff?) bad breath is sure to follow and Tobi usually helps in getting all that up. Just carry around some tic tacs or listerine strips, that always helps me!

I go on inhaled Tobi every other month to keep infection down and yea, it'll give you pretty bad medicine breath. Also via IV too. It also destroys my throat via neb...kinda like inhaling razors, lol. And it could also be infection because anytime I cough a lot and work up some of the mucus from the lower lobes (you know, the brown, thick, clumpy stuff?) bad breath is sure to follow and Tobi usually helps in getting all that up. Just carry around some tic tacs or listerine strips, that always helps me!

M

Mikeinfla

jenny don't just think it is a yeast infection and be okay with that. Get a script for nystatin if you have recurring white tongue. I spent nearly two weeks in the hospital with a fungus in my lungs the first 4 days was spent on IV antibiotics and amphotericin B and not getting any better. I told every dr and nurse to please look at my sputum, some didn't most just glanced and said normal, I knew it wasn't since it had rod looking things in it. Finally my pulmononary dr (wasn't then but he saved my life so he gets my business) HE actually took the time to look at it and culture it,It came back for a real strong fungus and he switched meds and like 6 days later I was out of that bed and feeling awesome. If yeast is growing so can something else!

M

Mikeinfla

jenny don't just think it is a yeast infection and be okay with that. Get a script for nystatin if you have recurring white tongue. I spent nearly two weeks in the hospital with a fungus in my lungs the first 4 days was spent on IV antibiotics and amphotericin B and not getting any better. I told every dr and nurse to please look at my sputum, some didn't most just glanced and said normal, I knew it wasn't since it had rod looking things in it. Finally my pulmononary dr (wasn't then but he saved my life so he gets my business) HE actually took the time to look at it and culture it,It came back for a real strong fungus and he switched meds and like 6 days later I was out of that bed and feeling awesome. If yeast is growing so can something else!