tobramycin for sinuses

jjflash

My pulmonologist recommended that I talk to my ENT about what he thinks of treating my sinuses wtih serial tobramycin. However, when I was reading up on this on the internet, I came across two ways this is done: using tobi in a nebulizer with a sinus attachment or using iv form tobramycin for washes.

I'll definitely email him for clarification before going to the ENT, but it got me thinking. Does anyone else use tobi for their sinuses? And if so, what delivery method do you use? And what's your treatmetn schedule? Also, ifyou know and are willing to share, what do you culture? From what I've read, tobramycin in the sinuses is used more generally and not just for certain cultures. . .

Thanks!

jjflash

My pulmonologist recommended that I talk to my ENT about what he thinks of treating my sinuses wtih serial tobramycin. However, when I was reading up on this on the internet, I came across two ways this is done: using tobi in a nebulizer with a sinus attachment or using iv form tobramycin for washes.

I'll definitely email him for clarification before going to the ENT, but it got me thinking. Does anyone else use tobi for their sinuses? And if so, what delivery method do you use? And what's your treatmetn schedule? Also, ifyou know and are willing to share, what do you culture? From what I've read, tobramycin in the sinuses is used more generally and not just for certain cultures. . .

Thanks!

jjflash

Thanks!

JazzysMom

The first person that comes to mind that use to, but I dont know if she still does is HollyCatheryn. She doesnt get on here much anymore, but here is her website if you want to look &/or contact her!

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.geocities.com/MurrensNatureMama/">http://www.geocities.com/MurrensNatureMama/</a>

JazzysMom

The first person that comes to mind that use to, but I dont know if she still does is HollyCatheryn. She doesnt get on here much anymore, but here is her website if you want to look &/or contact her!

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.geocities.com/MurrensNatureMama/">http://www.geocities.com/MurrensNatureMama/</a>

JazzysMom

becca23

I have never used tobramycin for sinus washes but I have used gent. I would just use it as a sinus irrigation, I would first use my saline wash and then follow up with it. I have also a use a mix with bactroban. I would just get it from my pharmacy. They mixed it up with the coreect amount of fluid. Whenever I do TOBI I always use a mask.

becca23

I have never used tobramycin for sinus washes but I have used gent. I would just use it as a sinus irrigation, I would first use my saline wash and then follow up with it. I have also a use a mix with bactroban. I would just get it from my pharmacy. They mixed it up with the coreect amount of fluid. Whenever I do TOBI I always use a mask.

becca23

tleigh

I currently use a gentamicin wash for my sinuses. I traditionally
culture staph, but in the past have cultured MRSA-which I started
using a amphotericin wash.  I get my wash from a compounding
pharmacy and just do 2 ml per nostril twice a day.  I have
been pleased with the gent wash.  It seems to have cut down on
the number of sinus infections that I get.

tleigh

tleigh

blindhearted

I have used Tobramycine (drawn out of litte glass vals) for sinus washes. I have also tried TOBI and DNAse washes. Yes I said TOBI, then DNAse. I currently dont do any sinus washes. I had more trouble when I was doing them than when I wasnt. I have thought about starting back since they have come out with different ways to do washes now, but we will have to see.

blindhearted

I have used Tobramycine (drawn out of litte glass vals) for sinus washes. I have also tried TOBI and DNAse washes. Yes I said TOBI, then DNAse. I currently dont do any sinus washes. I had more trouble when I was doing them than when I wasnt. I have thought about starting back since they have come out with different ways to do washes now, but we will have to see.

blindhearted

Scarlett81

I've used gentamicin in a little contraption called a neti pot-its a little ceramic almost gravy server type thing. And you fill it with the med, tilt your head, and pour into your nostril. The run off medicine and the sinus gunk runs out your other nostril. It's uncomfy but it works wonderfully.

Scarlett81

I've used gentamicin in a little contraption called a neti pot-its a little ceramic almost gravy server type thing. And you fill it with the med, tilt your head, and pour into your nostril. The run off medicine and the sinus gunk runs out your other nostril. It's uncomfy but it works wonderfully.

Scarlett81