Today I ran out of spoons...

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi everyone!

This is totally meant to be light-hearted and funny, but a tiny bit of a vent as well. :)

Many of us are familiar with the "spoon theory", if not look it up when you have a minute as it's worth a read. https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Anyway, here it is.... today I walked into Sam's Club in my slippers and just didn't give a dang. Yup, I was one of those people. As I walked through the entrance doors in my slippers with not one ounce of shame (okay, maybe a *tiny* glimmer of an ounce), I thought about the spoon theory and this forum where I first read it. Today my friends, I was out of spoons. Yep, fresh out. I've been fighting a cold for several days and in what I call "survival mode" just trying to stay above water while taking care of myself and our 5 year old. When a quick trip to Sam's Club was necessary today you better believe that I was not going to expend one ounce of critical energy in finding shoes and putting them on. HA!!

Anyway, wanted to share here because I know so many can relate! Feel free to chime in with any stories you have about running out of spoons. Funny, or otherwise. :)

Take care everyone!

Autumn

PS. If you are new and have never posted before, please know that you are welcome to do so and we'd love to hear from you.

Last edited: