Toilet Training

benji26

Thankyou all for your kind advice. And yes it is mainly certain family members that insist he should be trained by now who have never fully understood what CF is. He poos quite happily in a nappy and they are soft and easy to pass. He will also sit on the toilet with some gentle coaxing. I will just go back to doing this slowly and when he is ready. He definately had problems when he started to hold on to it and i don`t want to go back to the rectal prolapse again the drugs they give them to put it back in are horrendous and is so stressful for all of us.
Again thank you for your kind words and reassurance i will go back to what I knew was right in the first place. Sometimes its nice to hear it from people who understand our kids more than anyone else.

Thanks again

Donna\Mum to Benjamin DD508 Diagnosed Sept 2005

benji26

Thankyou all for your kind advice. And yes it is mainly certain family members that insist he should be trained by now who have never fully understood what CF is. He poos quite happily in a nappy and they are soft and easy to pass. He will also sit on the toilet with some gentle coaxing. I will just go back to doing this slowly and when he is ready. He definately had problems when he started to hold on to it and i don`t want to go back to the rectal prolapse again the drugs they give them to put it back in are horrendous and is so stressful for all of us.
Again thank you for your kind words and reassurance i will go back to what I knew was right in the first place. Sometimes its nice to hear it from people who understand our kids more than anyone else.

Thanks again

benji26

Thanks again

benji26

Thanks again

benji26

<br />Again thank you for your kind words and reassurance i will go back to what I knew was right in the first place. Sometimes its nice to hear it from people who understand our kids more than anyone else.
<br />
<br />Thanks again
<br />
<br />Donna\Mum to Benjamin DD508 Diagnosed Sept 2005
<br />
<br />

benji26

Thankyou all for your reassurance on this matter it is mainly opinions from people who have never really understood what CF is. Ben does poo quite happily in a nappy and they are soft and easy to pass. He sometimes sits on the toilet with gentle coaxing. I will go back to doing this slowly and when he is ready. The only thing i am scared of is when he does hold on his bowel prolapses and that is why i have not pushed this issue and being at the hospital while they are trying to put his rectum back in is so stressful on all of us. I know how i am dealing with this issue is right because i know my child but everyone elses opinions are really starting to bug me and they always talk about it when he is around which makes him more determined not to sit on the toilet.
Thankyou again for all your kind advice i don`t think anyone knows what us CF parents go through with our children except us.

Thanks again
Donna
Mum to Benjamin 4 DD508 diagnosed September 2005

benji26

Thankyou all for your reassurance on this matter it is mainly opinions from people who have never really understood what CF is. Ben does poo quite happily in a nappy and they are soft and easy to pass. He sometimes sits on the toilet with gentle coaxing. I will go back to doing this slowly and when he is ready. The only thing i am scared of is when he does hold on his bowel prolapses and that is why i have not pushed this issue and being at the hospital while they are trying to put his rectum back in is so stressful on all of us. I know how i am dealing with this issue is right because i know my child but everyone elses opinions are really starting to bug me and they always talk about it when he is around which makes him more determined not to sit on the toilet.
Thankyou again for all your kind advice i don`t think anyone knows what us CF parents go through with our children except us.

Thanks again
Donna

benji26

Thanks again
Donna

benji26

Thanks again
Donna

benji26

Thanks again
Donna