Toni and Cipro

janddburke

daughter just started Tobi and 750mg of Cipro. has persistant cough for a few weeks. the question I have is that now she has a very sore throat. 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. no fever. sore throat is mentioned in the documentation the pharmacist said one of the side effects of this high a dose of Cipro is sore throat. or could it be the Tobi?
when should I call the doctor?
the list of side effects of Cipro are kinda scary.

janddburke

daughter just started Tobi and 750mg of Cipro. has persistant cough for a few weeks. the question I have is that now she has a very sore throat. 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. no fever. sore throat is mentioned in the documentation the pharmacist said one of the side effects of this high a dose of Cipro is sore throat. or could it be the Tobi?
when should I call the doctor?
the list of side effects of Cipro are kinda scary.

nocode

Hi Debbie!
I have taken both Tobi and Cipro. Actually I just stopped a round of Cipro. Neither of them caused me a sore throat, as far as I recall.

Yes, if we read the lists of side effects of meds we will be paranoid... I try to avoid that unless I start feeling something odd. Most of them never actually occur. But I still think it's worth calling the doctor and tell him what she's feeling since meds work different for different people.

For instance I was taking Tavanic before Cipro, and I absolutely had to stop that one because I was feeling totally confused, unfocused, sweaty, couldn't even work properly! So I think it's worth to bring it up with the physician. Mine switched Tavanic for Cipro and that one worked great.

Good luck!

nocode

Hi Debbie!
I have taken both Tobi and Cipro. Actually I just stopped a round of Cipro. Neither of them caused me a sore throat, as far as I recall.

Yes, if we read the lists of side effects of meds we will be paranoid... I try to avoid that unless I start feeling something odd. Most of them never actually occur. But I still think it's worth calling the doctor and tell him what she's feeling since meds work different for different people.

For instance I was taking Tavanic before Cipro, and I absolutely had to stop that one because I was feeling totally confused, unfocused, sweaty, couldn't even work properly! So I think it's worth to bring it up with the physician. Mine switched Tavanic for Cipro and that one worked great.

Good luck!