too much rice cereal?

nicole781

I took Alexa over to the cf clinic yesterday, and she's gaining weight, but not fast enough, so they said we should start her on rice cereal. She's almost 4 months, and I think that this is a really good idea.
They told me to give her the cereal once in the morning and once at night, bu tmy question is, would it hurt her if i gave her more?
she's getting a bottle 6-7 times per day..... if i give her some rice cereal maybe 4 of those bottles, would that hurt her? anybody have any opinions?

nicole781

I took Alexa over to the cf clinic yesterday, and she's gaining weight, but not fast enough, so they said we should start her on rice cereal. She's almost 4 months, and I think that this is a really good idea.
They told me to give her the cereal once in the morning and once at night, bu tmy question is, would it hurt her if i gave her more?
she's getting a bottle 6-7 times per day..... if i give her some rice cereal maybe 4 of those bottles, would that hurt her? anybody have any opinions?

nicole781

nicole781

nicole781

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Probably not going to hurt her, but I guess I'm thinking formula probably has more calories than rice cereal. So if you increase the amount of rice cereal is she going to decrease bottle feeding?

Our doctor instructed us to start solids at 6 months. When we did have issues with weight gain we were given a formula/recipe to increase the calories in the formula -- more powder to water ratio.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Probably not going to hurt her, but I guess I'm thinking formula probably has more calories than rice cereal. So if you increase the amount of rice cereal is she going to decrease bottle feeding?

Our doctor instructed us to start solids at 6 months. When we did have issues with weight gain we were given a formula/recipe to increase the calories in the formula -- more powder to water ratio.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

M

mneville

My son,the one without CF is almost 4 months. He weighed 16 pounds 11 ounces on Monday. The Dr told me to put him on rice if I wanted but that was only if he drank more than 40 ounces of formula a day.

If you give too much rice, Alexa may not drink enough formula. I thought formula had more calories but I could be wrong?

Megan

M

mneville

My son,the one without CF is almost 4 months. He weighed 16 pounds 11 ounces on Monday. The Dr told me to put him on rice if I wanted but that was only if he drank more than 40 ounces of formula a day.

If you give too much rice, Alexa may not drink enough formula. I thought formula had more calories but I could be wrong?

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan