Tooth Extracted

mamerth

Has anyone here had a tooth extracted???

My tooth that I had filled a week and 1/2 ago is dying and likely has an infection. I am on an antibitoic. I can't afford a root canal.... so I am leaning more towards getting my tooth pulled.

Are there any CF related risks I should be aware of. My last bone density came out with good levels. I just don't want my jaw to crumble as they are removing the tooth.

As you can imagine I am freaked out. I have never had an adult tooth pulled (never got wisdom teeth).

I don't want to be drugged or sedated as my oxygen levels have been kind icky lately (93% at rest) and I am on oxygen during sleep.

Any advice is appreciated.

**And no I don't have dental insurance

sue35

I had two teeth pulled instead of getting a root canal. It went fine. I just got local anesthesia, like you would if you got a cavity filled. There was a lot of pressure and it wasn't pleasant, but I got through it fine.
When I got my wisdom teeth out I got laughing gas (that ended up not working) but I assume that was because they were impacted.
Honestly, I liked getting the teeth pulled better than getting a root canal!

janddburke

My daughter needed her wisdom teeth out and it was covered under her Medical insurance. Not sure what makes it medical vs. dental
Also, maybe you should check with your pulmonologist first. Doesn't anesthesia (any type) result in shallower breathing? Could this be an issue?

M

MeasureInLove

I just had one removed. I opted for it instead of another root canal (it's a back tooth and I needed to save the money). They'll just give you shots to numb it, not put you under. As mentioned in an earlier post, it's just a lot of pressure, but it didn't hurt. I didn't even take the pain pills I was given (just took Advil every couple of hours). And I really dislike going to the dentist, but this was a quick procedure.

lilmac7

One of my back teeth have just recently begun to fall apart too. CF is pissing me off recently. Guess I'll see what the dentist recommends when I get in to see one.