Top remedies or tools for CF related ailments

stylecomfy

I always recommend that CF patients follow the standard, approved CF treatments as prescribed by their medical team.

However even with the prescribed treatments, I regularly experience ailments that fall outside of the normal acutely sick symptoms. Often it is a general lethargy or body soreness, with/without more coughing – but with normal blood results, no new bugs to treat, and no unusual explanation. Sometimes I just battle with normal things like exercise (incorrect pace, lots of muscle stiffness). For these things, I have benefited from the below remedies and gadgets that I use alongside all my regular therapies, never instead of.

The full blog can be read on stylecomfy.com (I'm linking to the blog as there are explanations, photos and links for each item but it's too long to reproduce here)

Here's my list:

1. Carrot, beetroot and greens juicing or juice powders for CF arthritis joint pain
2. Hot baths for various ailments
3. Lecithin for mind clarity
4. Massage therapy for overall wellness
5. Foam rolling for body aches and stiffness
6. Fluriprofen patches for specific anti-inflammatory action
7. Amino acids and protein shakes for a less traumatic exercise experience
8. A wearable wrist fitness tracking device with heart rate for exercising sensibly
9. A handheld spirometer to keep an eye on lung function in between dr visits
10. Valeriana herbal tincture drops for stress and anxiety induced coughing (yes that’s a thing for me)
11. 8 glasses of water a day for clearing thrush on tongue

Note: I excluded typical CF medications and supplements like Vit ADEK, just because I assume people already know about those

What are some of your best remedies?

Last edited:

carolinen

Great post!
For nausea during iv antibiotics,ginger tea, mint tea, or a mustard seed taped to the wrist acupressure point (you can google where to locate this)
hot water bottle for ribs strained by coughing
aromatherapy oils for sleep disturbance (lavender is my favourite)
I have found a massage therapist who will come round to my house and give me a massage while drips are running. really helps distract me from the nausea
for fatigue, paradoxically, exercise

)
I always recommend that CF patients follow the standard, approved CF treatments as prescribed by their medical team.

However even with the prescribed treatments, I regularly experience ailments that fall outside of the normal acutely sick symptoms. Often it is a general lethargy or body soreness, with/without more coughing – but with normal blood results, no new bugs to treat, and no unusual explanation. Sometimes I just battle with normal things like exercise (incorrect pace, lots of muscle stiffness). For these things, I have benefited from the below remedies and gadgets that I use alongside all my regular therapies, never instead of.

The full blog can be read on stylecomfy.com (I'm linking to the blog as there are explanations, photos and links for each item but it's too long to reproduce here)

Here's my list:

1. Carrot, beetroot and greens juicing or juice powders for CF arthritis joint pain
2. Hot baths for various ailments
3. Lecithin for mind clarity
4. Massage therapy for overall wellness
5. Foam rolling for body aches and stiffness
6. Fluriprofen patches for specific anti-inflammatory action
7. Amino acids and protein shakes for a less traumatic exercise experience
8. A wearable wrist fitness tracking device with heart rate for exercising sensibly
9. A handheld spirometer to keep an eye on lung function in between dr visits
10. Valeriana herbal tincture drops for stress and anxiety induced coughing (yes that’s a thing for me)
11. 8 glasses of water a day for clearing thrush on tongue

Note: I excluded typical CF medications and supplements like Vit ADEK, just because I assume people already know about those

What are some of your best remedies?