Tough question to answer

anonymous

My son asks " Why does God make diseases and give them to kids and let the bad people be healthy ?" That was a hard one. In the end I told him that I don't know but that I think God has to make special people so when they grow up the can do great things. I explained that no one gave CF to him but he now has a gift that healthy children don't have. He has the gift of compassion for other people who suffer and he can choose to live his life as a person who is mad at the world because he was born with a horrible disease or he can use what he knows to make his and other people's lives better. He has decided that he will do both, because CF makes him mad but he wants to be batman so he can get rid of all the bad people and then he will be President so he can order everyone to find a cure and melt all the guns ( FROM THE MOUTH OF BABES ) These kids are so old so young, I know that one day we will have the right answer for them , I have to believe that no mater how out of reach it seems at times. For my sanity and his future I have to believe. I think he has to believe also.

tucksmama

Thanks for the posts. You all gave me some really good advice. I agree when anonymous said God has given children with CF a gift of compassion. My son makes that very evident! Thanks again for all of the advice!

tucksmama

Thanks for the posts. You all gave me some really good advice. I agree when anonymous said God has given children with CF a gift of compassion. My son makes that very evident! Thanks again for all of the advice!

tucksmama

anonymous

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>anonymous</b></i>

I tell my son (age 6), that he will probably always need to take pills. I say it very matter of factly (not in a negative or depressing tone at all).

It broke my heart when he asked me a few months ago "Mommy, why did God give me cystic fibrosis"? He was asking that question out of genuine interest, not because he was feeling sorry for himself. Now, I know that for you fellow Christians who post, there are differing opinions on what that answer really is. But if your opinion is similar to my belief, my answer might be helpful to you. I told him that God did not give him cystic fibrosis. That God made his soul and his soul is perfect. His body was made by people (his mommy and daddy) and we had no control over whether or not he had it.

He also asks me: How long do I have to keep doing treatments. Again, I keep it very matter of fact. "For a very long time, maybe always". I try not to act sad when he asks me such questions. He needs to know the truth. And he needs to be able to ask me questions without feeling guilty (because he might think questions about CF would make me sad). Keep it honest, and at a level that they understand. That's how I deal with it!

Jena

6yr old son with CF

3 yr old daughter no CF</end quote></div>

you sound like a great mom Jena

anonymous

I tell my son (age 6), that he will probably always need to take pills. I say it very matter of factly (not in a negative or depressing tone at all).

It broke my heart when he asked me a few months ago "Mommy, why did God give me cystic fibrosis"? He was asking that question out of genuine interest, not because he was feeling sorry for himself. Now, I know that for you fellow Christians who post, there are differing opinions on what that answer really is. But if your opinion is similar to my belief, my answer might be helpful to you. I told him that God did not give him cystic fibrosis. That God made his soul and his soul is perfect. His body was made by people (his mommy and daddy) and we had no control over whether or not he had it.

He also asks me: How long do I have to keep doing treatments. Again, I keep it very matter of fact. "For a very long time, maybe always". I try not to act sad when he asks me such questions. He needs to know the truth. And he needs to be able to ask me questions without feeling guilty (because he might think questions about CF would make me sad). Keep it honest, and at a level that they understand. That's how I deal with it!

Jena

6yr old son with CF

anonymous

Jena

6yr old son with CF

rubiesmom

thats a tough question to answer, I can only imagine how you felt.
I dont mean to be a pain , but can anyone please tell me how to post to this forum, I just cant figure it out. I'd appreciate anyones help. Thank yo so much

rubiesmom

I dont mean to be a pain , but can anyone please tell me how to post to this forum, I just cant figure it out. I'd appreciate anyones help. Thank yo so much

rubiesmom

jena

Top right hand corner (just underneath the BEF and Jaerry Cahill insignia). There is a line of words: new topic join help ......
Click on new topic.
Good luck!

jena

Top right hand corner (just underneath the BEF and Jaerry Cahill insignia). There is a line of words: new topic join help ......
Click on new topic.
Good luck!

jena

Click on new topic.
Good luck!