tough topic- portrayed life expectancy

icefisherman

<P><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> Icefisherman: Your boss is correct. Bill</end quote></div> </P>
<P>no offence to you, and i'm glad your healthy, but when i'm 28 with 31% FEV1 its highly unlikely i will make it to 80.  I know that this was a true statement but i think it over generalizes people with cf.  Infants still die because of this, and many young people don't make it to adulthood.  I consider myself lucky to have been able to live this long, and i hope to live much longer.  I just think that putting a label on this is inconsiderate to a lot of people who are going through tougher times than some of us.  I do know people make it to 80 but when the general public thinks everyone makes it to 80 its a different story.</P>

icefisherman

<P><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> Icefisherman: Your boss is correct. Bill</end quote> </P>
<P>no offence to you, and i'm glad your healthy, but when i'm 28 with 31% FEV1its highly unlikely i will make it to 80. I know that this was a true statement but i think it over generalizes people with cf. Infants still die because of this, and many young people don't make it to adulthood. I consider myself lucky to have been able to live this long, and i hope to live much longer. I just think that putting a label on this is inconsiderate to a lot of people who are going through tougher times than some of us. I do know people make it to 80 but when the general public thinks everyone makes it to 80 its a different story.</P>

icefisherman

<P><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> Icefisherman: Your boss is correct. Bill</end quote> </P>
<P>no offence to you, and i'm glad your healthy, but when i'm 28 with 31% FEV1its highly unlikely i will make it to 80. I know that this was a true statement but i think it over generalizes people with cf. Infants still die because of this, and many young people don't make it to adulthood. I consider myself lucky to have been able to live this long, and i hope to live much longer. I just think that putting a label on this is inconsiderate to a lot of people who are going through tougher times than some of us. I do know people make it to 80 but when the general public thinks everyone makes it to 80 its a different story.</P>

icefisherman

That being said printer.  I'm guessing you worked in printing.  I'm a pressman and have been printing for 10 years now.  Printing is not looking good anymore, but i like the trade.

icefisherman

That being said printer. I'm guessing you worked in printing. I'm a pressman and have been printing for 10 years now. Printing is not looking good anymore, but i like the trade.

icefisherman

<BR>That being said printer. I'm guessing you worked in printing. I'm a pressman and have been printing for 10 years now. Printing is not looking good anymore, but i like the trade.

azdesertrat

So, since I had a lung trans I'm 'dead' in the eyes of CFF? That's cool... I have news for them, although available treatment may have 'failed' it DID keep me alive until a donor was found. I was @ 13% when transplanted. Can't say that was much fun. And. although I'm 'dead', I have news for CFF- I am still very much affected by this disease. A transplant is NOT a CURE.

azdesertrat

So, since I had a lung trans I'm 'dead' in the eyes of CFF? That's cool... I have news for them, although available treatment may have 'failed' it DID keep me alive until a donor was found. I was @ 13% when transplanted. Can't say that was much fun. And. although I'm 'dead', I have news for CFF- I am still very much affected by this disease. A transplant is NOT a CURE.

azdesertrat

T

tarheel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>azdesertrat</b></i>

So, since I had a lung trans I'm 'dead' in the eyes of CFF? That's cool... I have news for them, although available treatment may have 'failed' it DID keep me alive until a donor was found. I was @ 13% when transplanted. Can't say that was much fun. And. although I'm 'dead', I have news for CFF- I am still very much affected by this disease. A transplant is NOT a CURE.</end quote></div>

<div><br></div><div>If that was how they actually did things then the "median" age would be a lot lower. <br><br></div><div>Basically..... it all comes down to: Statistics lie and liars use statistics.</div>

T

tarheel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>azdesertrat</b></i>

So, since I had a lung trans I'm 'dead' in the eyes of CFF? That's cool... I have news for them, although available treatment may have 'failed' it DID keep me alive until a donor was found. I was @ 13% when transplanted. Can't say that was much fun. And. although I'm 'dead', I have news for CFF- I am still very much affected by this disease. A transplant is NOT a CURE.</end quote>

<br>If that was how they actually did things then the "median" age would be a lot lower.<br><br>Basically..... it all comes down to: Statistics lie and liars use statistics.

T

tarheel

So, since I had a lung trans I'm 'dead' in the eyes of CFF? That's cool... I have news for them, although available treatment may have 'failed' it DID keep me alive until a donor was found. I was @ 13% when transplanted. Can't say that was much fun. And. although I'm 'dead', I have news for CFF- I am still very much affected by this disease. A transplant is NOT a CURE.</end quote>

<br>If that was how they actually did things then the "median" age would be a lot lower.<br><br>Basically..... it all comes down to: Statistics lie and liars use statistics.

just1more

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><div>
</div><div>If that was how they actually did things then the "median" age would be a lot lower. 

</div><div>Basically..... it all comes down to: Statistics lie and liars use statistics.</div></end quote></div><br><br>Exactly.  On this the CFF is no different than their counterparts for breast cancer, MS, CP, etc.<i><br></i>

just1more

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
If that was how they actually did things then the "median" age would be a lot lower.

Basically..... it all comes down to: Statistics lie and liars use statistics.</end quote><br><br>Exactly. On this the CFF is no different than their counterparts for breast cancer, MS, CP, etc.<i><br></i>

just1more

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
If that was how they actually did things then the "median" age would be a lot lower.

Basically..... it all comes down to: Statistics lie and liars use statistics.</end quote><br><br>Exactly. On this the CFF is no different than their counterparts for breast cancer, MS, CP, etc.<i><br></i>