Transplant and FEV1

EnergyGal

I would estimate that my FEV1 at the time of my First tx was 14%. I really have no clue but know I was at 21% for a year or more.

I was txed with my second set of lungs at 25%.

I wish you all the best.

Laura your husband is a great man. My hubby offered me a lobe as well but they would not retransplant a person with a living lobar tx. I did not want to put him through that but the thought was amazing. I know the feeling.

EnergyGal

I would estimate that my FEV1 at the time of my First tx was 14%. I really have no clue but know I was at 21% for a year or more.

I wish you all the best.

Laura your husband is a great man. My hubby offered me a lobe as well but they would not retransplant a person with a living lobar tx. I did not want to put him through that but the thought was amazing. I know the feeling.

EnergyGal

I wish you all the best.

EnergyGal

I wish you all the best.

EnergyGal

<br />
<br />I was txed with my second set of lungs at 25%.
<br />
<br />I wish you all the best.
<br />
<br />Laura your husband is a great man. My hubby offered me a lobe as well but they would not retransplant a person with a living lobar tx. I did not want to put him through that but the thought was amazing. I know the feeling.

rhonda21

Hi Lindsay, My son is at 29% right now and the docs are talking about putting him on a list. How was your transplant surgery and how is it goin for you now? I am getting nervous now, he isnt feeling well and has lost ten lbs....yikes....

rhonda21

Hi Lindsay, My son is at 29% right now and the docs are talking about putting him on a list. How was your transplant surgery and how is it goin for you now? I am getting nervous now, he isnt feeling well and has lost ten lbs....yikes....

rhonda21

rhonda21

rhonda21

MissOxygenUSA

I've learned that they don't look at the FEV1 as much as they do the FVC when it comes to the listing process and where you are on the list. The last PFT test I had, my fev1 dropped 3% and I assumed that they would cause my score to go up significantly. But my coordinator told me that while the FEV1 dropped, the FVC didn't really change that much. And the FVC is what is considered when determining how much the score changes.

MissOxygenUSA

I've learned that they don't look at the FEV1 as much as they do the FVC when it comes to the listing process and where you are on the list. The last PFT test I had, my fev1 dropped 3% and I assumed that they would cause my score to go up significantly. But my coordinator told me that while the FEV1 dropped, the FVC didn't really change that much. And the FVC is what is considered when determining how much the score changes.

MissOxygenUSA

MissOxygenUSA

MissOxygenUSA