Transplant Bag

nu65

So, I've been listed for 6 months and my drs tell me I'm in the top 25% for my blood type and hopefully be transplanted in the the next few months. I've got a bag with two sets of PJs (button up shirts because of the incision), one set of "workout" clothes, my cell phone, charger, deordorant. Should I bring all my medications?? Including Vest and nebulizers? I don't see the transplant team again until Dec, and I could be called before then. So, what other things do you wish you had the first few days (when I'll probably be out of it)?? My dad will be bringing more stuff later.

nu65

So, I've been listed for 6 months and my drs tell me I'm in the top 25% for my blood type and hopefully be transplanted in the the next few months. I've got a bag with two sets of PJs (button up shirts because of the incision), one set of "workout" clothes, my cell phone, charger, deordorant. Should I bring all my medications?? Including Vest and nebulizers? I don't see the transplant team again until Dec, and I could be called before then. So, what other things do you wish you had the first few days (when I'll probably be out of it)?? My dad will be bringing more stuff later.

nu65

nu65

nu65

summer732

Maybe some books/magazines to help keep you busy. Slippers. The shampoo you like to use for when you can hop in the shower. Comfortable pants to roam around the hospital floor in. Your meds aren't necessary since they won't let you take your own anyway. Plus you will be on all new meds after the transplant. I would take enzymes though. You can always sneak those in if the nurse is late.

summer732

Maybe some books/magazines to help keep you busy. Slippers. The shampoo you like to use for when you can hop in the shower. Comfortable pants to roam around the hospital floor in. Your meds aren't necessary since they won't let you take your own anyway. Plus you will be on all new meds after the transplant. I would take enzymes though. You can always sneak those in if the nurse is late.

summer732

summer732

summer732

Marjolein

I would also take your vitamins with you, should you take them. As those are sometimes not ass easy to get in the hospital.
Also a toothbrush and toothpaste... Ehm otherwise, if you do have an Ipod or other pm3player I would take that.

The first few days you won't need a lot.

Marjolein

I would also take your vitamins with you, should you take them. As those are sometimes not ass easy to get in the hospital.
Also a toothbrush and toothpaste... Ehm otherwise, if you do have an Ipod or other pm3player I would take that.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />Also a toothbrush and toothpaste... Ehm otherwise, if you do have an Ipod or other pm3player I would take that.
<br />
<br />The first few days you won't need a lot.

Ready2Dance

I had a bag of bathroom things (shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.) a couple changes of comfy clothes, and the book I was reading at the time. I didn't touch the book until after I was discharged though. Once I was more awake, they kept me pretty busy with PT and doctors coming in and out of the room. Best of Luck!!

Ready2Dance

I had a bag of bathroom things (shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.) a couple changes of comfy clothes, and the book I was reading at the time. I didn't touch the book until after I was discharged though. Once I was more awake, they kept me pretty busy with PT and doctors coming in and out of the room. Best of Luck!!

Ready2Dance

Ready2Dance

Ready2Dance