Transplant

yogibear1967

My son 19 with cirrohsis of the liver, enlarged spleen with low platelet count, hemolosis, insulin diabetic, and acites. He was doing very well until age 17, FEV1 was 130% now it is 30%. I have no idea why things had to wait until now. I believe his liver was the cause of lung function going down, but the doctors do no think so. His attitude is horrible for all that he has been through especially this year in for the 7th time with one by helicopter because potassium was 7.9 from previous discharge on diaretic for acites. He go to dehydrated. He constantly says not now with PT or oxygen, he is always has attitude when someone want to talk to him etc. He is very fed up has not got a break to recoup and feels like crap! The only problem they have is him being like that and will he do that with a new organ, this is why now the transplant team wants to follow him for 6months to see if he is mentally able to go through this with such a don't bother me attitude, I know he is tired and frustrated but there is no room for error and you have to do stuff no matter what. That is what we were told last week by the tranplant team. He agreed but look now. ANY OF YOU DO THAT AT ALL? I really not sure if he will be able to wait 6months to be put on the list They are deciding his fate right now and he's 19. He gets so made he say I don't care, he doesn't mean it . Any advice and info on all this?