transplant

jfarel

How low do your pft's have to be before they will do the surgery? I know just because you get listed doesn't necessarily mean you will be transplanted. You can be listed in the high 20's for pft's but I don't think they will transplant you with your pft's that high, will they? Maybe I'm wrong. I would think they would have to be at least below 25 percent?

jfarel

How low do your pft's have to be before they will do the surgery? I know just because you get listed doesn't necessarily mean you will be transplanted. You can be listed in the high 20's for pft's but I don't think they will transplant you with your pft's that high, will they? Maybe I'm wrong. I would think they would have to be at least below 25 percent?

jfarel

jfarel

If they will transplant high or even mid 20's I'd better go ahead and get myself listed. Eh? My doctor has never even mentioned a tranplant. Weird huh. I'm on IV's now and if I don't see an improvement and get myself back into the 30's by my next appointment I think I had better ask the doctor about this.

jfarel

If they will transplant high or even mid 20's I'd better go ahead and get myself listed. Eh? My doctor has never even mentioned a tranplant. Weird huh. I'm on IV's now and if I don't see an improvement and get myself back into the 30's by my next appointment I think I had better ask the doctor about this.

jfarel

M

melleemac

The twins doctors told me that to be assessed and put on the waiting list that the boys pfts would have to be below 30 for a constant period of time.
Mel

M

melleemac

The twins doctors told me that to be assessed and put on the waiting list that the boys pfts would have to be below 30 for a constant period of time.
Mel

M

melleemac

Mel

cfboy

i am 16 male and i was wondering do u think it is worth getting a transplant? cause alot of sites i saw said a lung transplant would only extend your life to years, do you all think its worth it?

cfboy

i am 16 male and i was wondering do u think it is worth getting a transplant? cause alot of sites i saw said a lung transplant would only extend your life to years, do you all think its worth it?

cfboy

jfarel

It depends how much you value life. I love life! Also, many people are living 10 years and more and while that doesn't always happen, you should know that medical tech. improves every day and the lifespan continues to increase. Live without new lungs as long as possible but when you need them, I saw go for it.

jfarel

It depends how much you value life. I love life! Also, many people are living 10 years and more and while that doesn't always happen, you should know that medical tech. improves every day and the lifespan continues to increase. Live without new lungs as long as possible but when you need them, I saw go for it.

jfarel

cfboy

ok well thanks i just know i get alot of different takes on that subject... ok 1 last question if your doctor said you should get a transplant but you felt like you were in the best shape of your life what would you do?

cfboy

ok well thanks i just know i get alot of different takes on that subject... ok 1 last question if your doctor said you should get a transplant but you felt like you were in the best shape of your life what would you do?

cfboy

shamrock

It depends on a lot of factors not just the PFT numbers.

A lot of it has to do with quality of life and life expectancy. For me, even on the day of my transplant I wasn't on oxygen 24hours a day. I had one infection rolling into the next, which resulted in constant stay on IVs, which brought with it weight loss and other constant problems. Also, with infection after infection came weakness, and of course the real threat that the next one could be the one to pop me!

To answer your question, I think my PFTS were about 24-26% when I got my tx.

shamrock

It depends on a lot of factors not just the PFT numbers.

A lot of it has to do with quality of life and life expectancy. For me, even on the day of my transplant I wasn't on oxygen 24hours a day. I had one infection rolling into the next, which resulted in constant stay on IVs, which brought with it weight loss and other constant problems. Also, with infection after infection came weakness, and of course the real threat that the next one could be the one to pop me!

To answer your question, I think my PFTS were about 24-26% when I got my tx.