Travel To Japan/Hong Kong

Diana

I will also add to everyone's advice by saying that when you get your doc to fill out your medical forms which will probably just be a letter of explanation, request they include that you are 'fit to fly'. My husband and I recently took our 2 daughters to Bali (they both have CF) and it was fine getting into the country but the complete opposite to get out. When I checked in the medical supply bag seperate from our luggage so as to not count it towards baggage weight, and handed over the letter to advise I was entitled to carry the large case full of medicines - just in case they got sick - they had no idea what CF was or if the girls were allowed to fly!!!! How did they think we arrived in Bali in the first place!!!

Anyway we got it sorted but it took a bit of time.

Diana

I will also add to everyone's advice by saying that when you get your doc to fill out your medical forms which will probably just be a letter of explanation, request they include that you are 'fit to fly'. My husband and I recently took our 2 daughters to Bali (they both have CF) and it was fine getting into the country but the complete opposite to get out. When I checked in the medical supply bag seperate from our luggage so as to not count it towards baggage weight, and handed over the letter to advise I was entitled to carry the large case full of medicines - just in case they got sick - they had no idea what CF was or if the girls were allowed to fly!!!! How did they think we arrived in Bali in the first place!!!

Diana

Diana

Diana

<br />
<br />Anyway we got it sorted but it took a bit of time.

lcdbot27

Nightwriter, thank you for the tip to check the wattage. The Vest is rated at 400w, so any of those converters might burn out. The voltage is also rated at 120-230, so the 120 is technically "above" the 100v for Japan. At least the Hz is 50-60.
I'm going to call HillRom on Monday and see what they say about both places. Those step-up/step-down converters look bulky, but it's better than not having a working vest. I'll be in Hong Kong for only a few days at the start of trip, so perhaps I can get by using the Flutter and making my girlfriend beat me up, before we get to Tokyo.

65rose and others, thank you for all the advice so far! I'm very excited about this trip, but obviously I'm nervous about traveling to a country where CF isn't widely know, and I hardly know the languages.

lcdbot27

Nightwriter, thank you for the tip to check the wattage. The Vest is rated at 400w, so any of those converters might burn out. The voltage is also rated at 120-230, so the 120 is technically "above" the 100v for Japan. At least the Hz is 50-60.
I'm going to call HillRom on Monday and see what they say about both places. Those step-up/step-down converters look bulky, but it's better than not having a working vest. I'll be in Hong Kong for only a few days at the start of trip, so perhaps I can get by using the Flutter and making my girlfriend beat me up, before we get to Tokyo.

65rose and others, thank you for all the advice so far! I'm very excited about this trip, but obviously I'm nervous about traveling to a country where CF isn't widely know, and I hardly know the languages.

lcdbot27

lcdbot27

lcdbot27

<br />I'm going to call HillRom on Monday and see what they say about both places. Those step-up/step-down converters look bulky, but it's better than not having a working vest. I'll be in Hong Kong for only a few days at the start of trip, so perhaps I can get by using the Flutter and making my girlfriend beat me up, before we get to Tokyo.
<br />
<br />65rose and others, thank you for all the advice so far! I'm very excited about this trip, but obviously I'm nervous about traveling to a country where CF isn't widely know, and I hardly know the languages.

EnergyGal

Hi

I visited Hong Kong in 1988 and the pollution drove me insane. You can cut the air with a knife. I would bring some dust masks with you. Not sure if they will help but it is worth trying for just in case.

Bangkok was beautiful if you have the chance to go there it is worth it. The air was beauitful there back in the time.

I imagined Hong Kong to be just like it was. I would not go back but would definitely go back to Bangkok Thailand.

EnergyGal

Hi

I visited Hong Kong in 1988 and the pollution drove me insane. You can cut the air with a knife. I would bring some dust masks with you. Not sure if they will help but it is worth trying for just in case.

Bangkok was beautiful if you have the chance to go there it is worth it. The air was beauitful there back in the time.

I imagined Hong Kong to be just like it was. I would not go back but would definitely go back to Bangkok Thailand.

EnergyGal

Hi

EnergyGal

Hi

EnergyGal

Hi
<br />
<br />I visited Hong Kong in 1988 and the pollution drove me insane. You can cut the air with a knife. I would bring some dust masks with you. Not sure if they will help but it is worth trying for just in case.
<br />
<br />Bangkok was beautiful if you have the chance to go there it is worth it. The air was beauitful there back in the time.
<br />
<br />I imagined Hong Kong to be just like it was. I would not go back but would definitely go back to Bangkok Thailand.

lcdbot27

I live and work in Los Angeles, so I'm no stranger to bad pollution. I am going to bring masks, both my mother and a co-worker (both have been) recommended those. Apparently, napkins and tissues are a premium over there, I was recommended to bring multiple packs of travel tissues.
I won't be venturing into mainland China, unfortunately. I work for a company that has theme parks in Hong Kong and Tokyo, so I'm rolling my business trip into a longer vacation in Japan once the business part is done.

lcdbot27

I live and work in Los Angeles, so I'm no stranger to bad pollution. I am going to bring masks, both my mother and a co-worker (both have been) recommended those. Apparently, napkins and tissues are a premium over there, I was recommended to bring multiple packs of travel tissues.
I won't be venturing into mainland China, unfortunately. I work for a company that has theme parks in Hong Kong and Tokyo, so I'm rolling my business trip into a longer vacation in Japan once the business part is done.

lcdbot27

lcdbot27

lcdbot27

<br />I won't be venturing into mainland China, unfortunately. I work for a company that has theme parks in Hong Kong and Tokyo, so I'm rolling my business trip into a longer vacation in Japan once the business part is done.