Traveling with the vest..tips?

tessa55454

I am currently residing in MA, and my hometown is MN. I have to be with my therapy vest, i can only go about 2-3 days with just doing strong neb treatments. I have the 103 model.

Traveling advice?
Anyone try the luggage equipment?

thanks..
Tessa

anonymous

I sent my daughter to Hawaii for her Senior trip, on Sun Trips with her vest. We called ahead and told them the situation, they were really great. They took it on as a carry on and stored it in front like they do with strollers. I also sent the instruction manuel with it. That help with security. We put it in a lage suit case. Just keep telling them how much it COST!

After both my son & daughter went to college I convinced the insurance company they needed the smaller vest for traveling back and forth from school to home. It fits under the seat as a carry on. It took some convincing but they final approved the upgrade to the smaller vest. I got a small roller suit case. It only weighs 17 pounds, but the roller make it easy to cart around. Keep the manuel with it for security clearance.
Good Luck
Lori
mom to 2 cf college students

tessa55454

Thank you for the tips.

What I am trying to do is to upgrade, especially now that I moved away from my home state. Plus, as a working adult, life has expanded quite a bit. I think realistically, the 103 is great when you are younger, but now that CF pateints can acutally branch-out and enjoy life more fully, we should be able to.

The process of getting the smaller vest could take a couple months or so, who knows. I think I am going with that route at this point. I am making a short trip back, and I am going to go without it. I will use my neb machine. If I do not feel as well as I hope too, meaning: I have a lung infection of some sort; then I think I will speak the airline and emphasize the cost, and need of the machine. I may still have the instructions, if I don't I bet I could go on the internet and get something, or request a copy. I have a larger suitcase that it should fit into.

You are a mom on a mission, that is fabulous.

Thank you so much for the pointers, I appreciate it quite a bit!

anonymous

If you have a flutter, you can always use it for a couple days when you don't have a vest. If you need Vest instruction just print the manuel off the internet for the vest.
On your Upgrade to the smaller vest, you could e-mail me at lolliepap@comcast.net I will send you a copy of my appeal letter to my insurance company (blue Cross of California).

Mom
2 cf college students

johngwisc

Depending upon where in MN you're coming home to, you may be able to contact the University CF clinic and arrange a loaner or possibly make arrangements for single daily. Also, prior to 9/11 and the changes in airline security, I flew with the 103 many times and simply made arrangements ahead to carry it on and keep it in the Stewards Closet. Using a small two wheel luggage cart made carrying it around the airport much easier, too. Good luck.