Travelling makes me sick

Nightwriter

A personal air purifier is a small device you wear around your neck that purportedly kills germs before you breathe them in. The air purifier that I use is from Weinproducts.com. I am using it for many many years and although I can't say it alone stopped me from getting sick on planes, it is something that I use. You should be aware that the so-called "fresh smell" that is emitted is ozone which is not great for the asthma component of C.F. But for me the trade-off is ozone vs. cold/flu (and worse) bugs. I rather deal with the ozone. I personally would not buy any OTHER products that emit ozone. Only the personal air purifier. Also you should check with your doctor to see if this product or (anything that I use for myself) is appropriate for your daughter.

The air purifier was featured on... I think 20 20 (it's on their website: Weinproducts.com). They sell it for $149. I googled and found it at Nutriteam.com for $99 where they also have the old model I have for $90. Please note: I don't know anything about Nutriteam so I'd call them.

A few more general travel tips: If possible, wear a silk mask or cover the nose and mouth with a silk scarf. Silk is tightly woven and helps to block contaminants that are present in the plane's air. Or at least wear the mask in the restroom where the germs and chemicals are the worst.

Shut off the blowers above your seat and if possible in the restroom. Also remember, cold germs are spread mostly by touching the eyes and nose, so use Purel often. And use a Nasal Rinse as soon as you can after landing. So -- it is possible to travel and not get sick.

Nightwriter

A personal air purifier is a small device you wear around your neck that purportedly kills germs before you breathe them in. The air purifier that I use is from Weinproducts.com. I am using it for many many years and although I can't say it alone stopped me from getting sick on planes, it is something that I use. You should be aware that the so-called "fresh smell" that is emitted is ozone which is not great for the asthma component of C.F. But for me the trade-off is ozone vs. cold/flu (and worse) bugs. I rather deal with the ozone. I personally would not buy any OTHER products that emit ozone. Only the personal air purifier. Also you should check with your doctor to see if this product or (anything that I use for myself) is appropriate for your daughter.

The air purifier was featured on... I think 20 20 (it's on their website: Weinproducts.com). They sell it for $149. I googled and found it at Nutriteam.com for $99 where they also have the old model I have for $90. Please note: I don't know anything about Nutriteam so I'd call them.

A few more general travel tips: If possible, wear a silk mask or cover the nose and mouth with a silk scarf. Silk is tightly woven and helps to block contaminants that are present in the plane's air. Or at least wear the mask in the restroom where the germs and chemicals are the worst.

Shut off the blowers above your seat and if possible in the restroom. Also remember, cold germs are spread mostly by touching the eyes and nose, so use Purel often. And use a Nasal Rinse as soon as you can after landing. So -- it is possible to travel and not get sick.

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

<br />
<br />The air purifier was featured on... I think 20 20 (it's on their website: Weinproducts.com). They sell it for $149. I googled and found it at Nutriteam.com for $99 where they also have the old model I have for $90. Please note: I don't know anything about Nutriteam so I'd call them.
<br />
<br />A few more general travel tips: If possible, wear a silk mask or cover the nose and mouth with a silk scarf. Silk is tightly woven and helps to block contaminants that are present in the plane's air. Or at least wear the mask in the restroom where the germs and chemicals are the worst.
<br />
<br />Shut off the blowers above your seat and if possible in the restroom. Also remember, cold germs are spread mostly by touching the eyes and nose, so use Purel often. And use a Nasal Rinse as soon as you can after landing. So -- it is possible to travel and not get sick.
<br />