Treadmill

ladybug

Hey, ya'll.

So, I'm noticing it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a really good treadmill (even with my gym membership) so that when I'm sick, as I have been for the past 6 months, and don't feel like driving to the gym, I can walk/jog at home.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for a good treadmill that is sturdy enough to jog on every day (and DH will run on it probably every day and he runs FAST)? I'm looking at Precor and LifeFitness since those are the ones I've used at the gym, but have also read some good reviews on SmoothFitness models.

Anyway, any info on your treadmill and whether or not you like it would be appreciated. I'd like to get one ordered in the next day or two. And, I'd prefer to order online and not in a local store... I'm finding the local stores are mostly refurbished for what we'd like to spend... They tend not to have the "commercial quality" we think we need. Thoughts?

ladybug

Hey, ya'll.

So, I'm noticing it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a really good treadmill (even with my gym membership) so that when I'm sick, as I have been for the past 6 months, and don't feel like driving to the gym, I can walk/jog at home.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for a good treadmill that is sturdy enough to jog on every day (and DH will run on it probably every day and he runs FAST)? I'm looking at Precor and LifeFitness since those are the ones I've used at the gym, but have also read some good reviews on SmoothFitness models.

Anyway, any info on your treadmill and whether or not you like it would be appreciated. I'd like to get one ordered in the next day or two. And, I'd prefer to order online and not in a local store... I'm finding the local stores are mostly refurbished for what we'd like to spend... They tend not to have the "commercial quality" we think we need. Thoughts?

ladybug

Hey, ya'll.

ladybug

Hey, ya'll.

ladybug

Hey, ya'll.
<br />
<br />So, I'm noticing it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a really good treadmill (even with my gym membership) so that when I'm sick, as I have been for the past 6 months, and don't feel like driving to the gym, I can walk/jog at home.
<br />
<br />So, does anyone have any recommendations for a good treadmill that is sturdy enough to jog on every day (and DH will run on it probably every day and he runs FAST)? I'm looking at Precor and LifeFitness since those are the ones I've used at the gym, but have also read some good reviews on SmoothFitness models.
<br />
<br />Anyway, any info on your treadmill and whether or not you like it would be appreciated. I'd like to get one ordered in the next day or two. And, I'd prefer to order online and not in a local store... I'm finding the local stores are mostly refurbished for what we'd like to spend... They tend not to have the "commercial quality" we think we need. Thoughts?

PatrickM

Hi, I bought a TRUE treadmill in August and I really like it. I bought it for the same reasons and am also used to the higher end gym models. I had never heard of True but I bought it at a nice fitness store and did some research on it. I am very happy with it.

PatrickM

Hi, I bought a TRUE treadmill in August and I really like it. I bought it for the same reasons and am also used to the higher end gym models. I had never heard of True but I bought it at a nice fitness store and did some research on it. I am very happy with it.

PatrickM

PatrickM

PatrickM

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I bought one about 10 years ago locally after researching online -- treadmilldoctor.com I think gave fairly comprehensive reviews.

Make sure you have an adequate mat underneath the machine. First time I used mine, which is parked in our lower level, the machine moved a bit as I jogged. So off I went to the sporting goods store and no problems after that.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I bought one about 10 years ago locally after researching online -- treadmilldoctor.com I think gave fairly comprehensive reviews.

Make sure you have an adequate mat underneath the machine. First time I used mine, which is parked in our lower level, the machine moved a bit as I jogged. So off I went to the sporting goods store and no problems after that.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Make sure you have an adequate mat underneath the machine. First time I used mine, which is parked in our lower level, the machine moved a bit as I jogged. So off I went to the sporting goods store and no problems after that.