treatments/vest

sweetwhite30

I was told it is ok to use the vest with albuterol ,pulmicort and all the nebs, the doctor says it keeps everything moving better and it also works the mucus out more when done with the nebs. I believe this to be true as well as his c.f. doctor because before he started rufusing the vest he was always never sick....

------------------
mom to isaiah 4 yr old with c.f

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We used to do CPT with albuterol & atrovent -- now with the vest. Never have done pulmozyme or tobi with CPT/Vest. Because the bronchiodialators run out (neb sputters) after about 15-20 minutes. And we do 20 minutes of CPT/Vest treatment each time. When DS got the vest, the trainer mentioned not doing tobi with the vest, so it stays in the lungs longer and works better.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We used to do CPT with albuterol & atrovent -- now with the vest. Never have done pulmozyme or tobi with CPT/Vest. Because the bronchiodialators run out (neb sputters) after about 15-20 minutes. And we do 20 minutes of CPT/Vest treatment each time. When DS got the vest, the trainer mentioned not doing tobi with the vest, so it stays in the lungs longer and works better.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

gr33nie

What about getting the e-flow nebulizer?

I really don't know much about it at all and I don't have one but I am curious about it and I think that it decreases the amount of time needed for nebs.

Edit: I just went to CF clinic today and the nurse said that the e-flow was not approved in the US and was not good for TOBI because TOBI is too thick. She did say that a powdered form of TOBI is being worked on that will decrease it's treatment time.

gr33nie

I really don't know much about it at all and I don't have one but I am curious about it and I think that it decreases the amount of time needed for nebs.

Edit: I just went to CF clinic today and the nurse said that the e-flow was not approved in the US and was not good for TOBI because TOBI is too thick. She did say that a powdered form of TOBI is being worked on that will decrease it's treatment time.

gr33nie

sweetwhite30

My son is suppose to be on the vest for 30 am and 30 pm but was only doing albuterol and pulmicort and the pulmozyme with the vest at the time because thats all he is on neb wise...

sweetwhite30

My son is suppose to be on the vest for 30 am and 30 pm but was only doing albuterol and pulmicort and the pulmozyme with the vest at the time because thats all he is on neb wise...

sweetwhite30

anonymous

Thanks! I heard your not suppose to do TOBI with the vest as well. Reeces' doctor said it was fine to do it with Xopenox only. As for the pari e~flow, I dont think you can use TOBI in it or pulmozyme......maybe Im wrong but I thought thats what I heard. Leah

anonymous

Thanks! I heard your not suppose to do TOBI with the vest as well. Reeces' doctor said it was fine to do it with Xopenox only. As for the pari e~flow, I dont think you can use TOBI in it or pulmozyme......maybe Im wrong but I thought thats what I heard. Leah

anonymous

R

rnsspencertx

My son is using the vest and nebs at the same time. His nebs are albuterol, hypertonic saline, and tobi all on e-flow now. We just started eflow a few months ago but have had the vest for a couple of years. We have always done his nebs and vest at same time and there is never any issues. As a matter of fact when we are in the hospital for tune ups they do his vest and nebs at same time there, if it were harmful or bad to do I am sure they would not be doing it as we completely trust his care center and doctor.

R

rnsspencertx

My son is using the vest and nebs at the same time. His nebs are albuterol, hypertonic saline, and tobi all on e-flow now. We just started eflow a few months ago but have had the vest for a couple of years. We have always done his nebs and vest at same time and there is never any issues. As a matter of fact when we are in the hospital for tune ups they do his vest and nebs at same time there, if it were harmful or bad to do I am sure they would not be doing it as we completely trust his care center and doctor.

R

rnsspencertx