Treatments

BrycesMom

I am having a difficult time on trying to organize my sons treatments and knowing which ones can be done at the same time as the vest like his Pulmozyme or Tobi. Also, when if at all will he have to start hypertonic saline? He also has ADHD so it is really hard for him to sit still.

Becky

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
We did pulmozyme with the vest, although now that our son is on hyper-sal, we do Xopenex and hyper-sal with the vest, then have breakfast and then pulmozyme after. He can't take the vest after any food so that's the best we can do to get treatments done and him eating at a decent hour. I understand you aren't suppose to do inhalled antibiotics with the vest. What sorts of stuff do you do with your son when doing vest? Maybe chess? Board games? computer time? Our son is only 3.5 so our things are different so mostly videos, but I'll let you use that time for "cut" time with a scissors for a treat if he is really fussing. Not sure what might work, but hopefully others have some ideas how to make the time go faster.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
You can do any of the neb treatments EXCEPT inhaled antibiotics -- tobi, cayston....

DS has always been able to eat before, during and after vesting. So that's not an issue. He usually plays video or computer games. Sometimes he watches tv. He's even done Kinect and Wii while vesting. He's able to sleep thru the early morning vest and nebs. I strap him in and go shower.