Trouble shooting

AUradar

could it be GI, partial blockage? How are his BM's?

I would tend to try the night feedings again. Start off slow and work your way up. We found we could only go upto 95mL/hr with Emily.

AUradar

I would tend to try the night feedings again. Start off slow and work your way up. We found we could only go upto 95mL/hr with Emily.

AUradar

AUradar

AUradar

jacksmom

Carey905 here...

My son was born with Meconium Ileus and had a third of his small intestine removed. I believe due to this his gut gets slows down at times.
His stools are actually very loose. Jack had an ear infection before Christmas and his pediatrition perscribed Augmentum. Big mistake!!! He got diahrea big time and his BMs are still not back to normal over a month later.
I have started added yogert to his feedings and that has seemed to help a little.

I guess I'm a little leary to overnight feeds. It would just be one more thing to add to his daily regiment.

How old is Emily? How long does she get her feeds? How do you do the enzymes? We were told that the powder enzymes (viokase) was only active for four hours after being put into the formula? Do you have to stay up while she is getting her feed? How do you make sure she doesn't get unplugged?
I have a fear of waking up in the moring and having his button come clean out, the bed soaked with formula and having to take him into the ER to get the tube back in if the stomach openening sealed itself.
Yes..I know I have an active imagination...
Anyway...any info one night feeds would be much appreciated.
thanks,
Carey

jacksmom

Carey905 here...

My son was born with Meconium Ileus and had a third of his small intestine removed. I believe due to this his gut gets slows down at times.
His stools are actually very loose. Jack had an ear infection before Christmas and his pediatrition perscribed Augmentum. Big mistake!!! He got diahrea big time and his BMs are still not back to normal over a month later.
I have started added yogert to his feedings and that has seemed to help a little.

I guess I'm a little leary to overnight feeds. It would just be one more thing to add to his daily regiment.

How old is Emily? How long does she get her feeds? How do you do the enzymes? We were told that the powder enzymes (viokase) was only active for four hours after being put into the formula? Do you have to stay up while she is getting her feed? How do you make sure she doesn't get unplugged?
I have a fear of waking up in the moring and having his button come clean out, the bed soaked with formula and having to take him into the ER to get the tube back in if the stomach openening sealed itself.
thanks,
Carey

jacksmom

Carey905 here...

thanks,
Carey

jacksmom

Carey905 here...

thanks,
Carey

jacksmom

Carey905 here...

thanks,
Carey

AUradar

<i>How old is Emily?</i> 4 yrs

<i>How long does she get her feeds? </i> all night. 8 til around 5??? usually 4 cans of forumula (237mL???) at 95mL per hour. So maybe 10 hours run time?

<i>How do you do the enzymes?</i> She takes Creon 5. I believe its 4 (or 6) before feeding and then again after the feedings. (my wife takes care of the daily stuff and I do what I'm told, so I'm a little sketchy on the details)

<i>How do you make sure she doesn't get unplugged? </i> The pump is battery. But you are probably talking about hte tube. Its locked in there pretty good and will take a tremoundous amount to pull it out. Your main issue would be coming out from a failure (internal bulb ruptures) and if that happens you will loose the button regardless of where you're at.

<i>I have a fear of waking up in the moring and having his button come clean out, the bed soaked with formula and having to take him into the ER to get the tube back in if the stomach openening sealed itself.

Yes..I know I have an active imagination...</i> It is an "irrational" fear but there's nothing irrational about having it. I put alarm sensors on all the doors and windows in our house because of irrational fear of someone sneaking in and stealing our kids at night. I think you should be more worried about getting wrapped up in the tube. But our Emily is all over the place when she sleeps and we've never had a problem.

I think if you went this route you will be okay after the first couple of nights of checking on your little one all the time.

AUradar

<i>How long does she get her feeds? </i> all night. 8 til around 5??? usually 4 cans of forumula (237mL???) at 95mL per hour. So maybe 10 hours run time?

<i>How do you do the enzymes?</i> She takes Creon 5. I believe its 4 (or 6) before feeding and then again after the feedings. (my wife takes care of the daily stuff and I do what I'm told, so I'm a little sketchy on the details)

<i>How do you make sure she doesn't get unplugged? </i> The pump is battery. But you are probably talking about hte tube. Its locked in there pretty good and will take a tremoundous amount to pull it out. Your main issue would be coming out from a failure (internal bulb ruptures) and if that happens you will loose the button regardless of where you're at.

<i>I have a fear of waking up in the moring and having his button come clean out, the bed soaked with formula and having to take him into the ER to get the tube back in if the stomach openening sealed itself.

Yes..I know I have an active imagination...</i> It is an "irrational" fear but there's nothing irrational about having it. I put alarm sensors on all the doors and windows in our house because of irrational fear of someone sneaking in and stealing our kids at night. I think you should be more worried about getting wrapped up in the tube. But our Emily is all over the place when she sleeps and we've never had a problem.

I think if you went this route you will be okay after the first couple of nights of checking on your little one all the time.

AUradar

AUradar

AUradar