Trying find a mechanical chest percussion device for my cousin with CF.

cmcintosh

Hi,
I have a cousin with CF. She's 14 and her CF is really getting aggressive. The vibrater vests are like $10,000 and there is no way they can afford that. Does anyone know where we could get a used vest machine or a mechanical percussion machine for her. I believe she would benefit greatly from some chest physical therapy. Thanks.

cmcintosh

Hi,
I have a cousin with CF. She's 14 and her CF is really getting aggressive. The vibrater vests are like $10,000 and there is no way they can afford that. Does anyone know where we could get a used vest machine or a mechanical percussion machine for her. I believe she would benefit greatly from some chest physical therapy. Thanks.

cmcintosh

Hi,

cmcintosh

Hi,

cmcintosh

Hi,
<br />I have a cousin with CF. She's 14 and her CF is really getting aggressive. The vibrater vests are like $10,000 and there is no way they can afford that. Does anyone know where we could get a used vest machine or a mechanical percussion machine for her. I believe she would benefit greatly from some chest physical therapy. Thanks.

Liza

Does she do any percussion at all? How about any physio therapy like the flutter, pep or deep cycles of breathing? Does she have any health insurance? My daughter uses a G5 mechanical percussor. I will look up the website.

Liza

Does she do any percussion at all? How about any physio therapy like the flutter, pep or deep cycles of breathing? Does she have any health insurance? My daughter uses a G5 mechanical percussor. I will look up the website.

Liza

Liza

Liza

<br />
<br />

Liza

www.g5.com/products/

My daughter has the Vibramatic. We have had this product since 2001 and it was paid for by insurance so I don't know how much it is.

But here's an idea. There are many vibrating devices that may work. There are some powerful vibrators at Brookstone and other stores like it. You can go and feel how they work and vibrate your insides.

But her doctors should advise what is best for her and whether one of these non-medical vibrators will do what is needed.

Much luck in finding what your cousin needs.

Liza

www.g5.com/products/

My daughter has the Vibramatic. We have had this product since 2001 and it was paid for by insurance so I don't know how much it is.

But here's an idea. There are many vibrating devices that may work. There are some powerful vibrators at Brookstone and other stores like it. You can go and feel how they work and vibrate your insides.

But her doctors should advise what is best for her and whether one of these non-medical vibrators will do what is needed.

Liza

www.g5.com/products/

Liza

www.g5.com/products/

Liza

www.g5.com/products/
<br />
<br />My daughter has the Vibramatic. We have had this product since 2001 and it was paid for by insurance so I don't know how much it is.
<br />
<br />But here's an idea. There are many vibrating devices that may work. There are some powerful vibrators at Brookstone and other stores like it. You can go and feel how they work and vibrate your insides.
<br />
<br />But her doctors should advise what is best for her and whether one of these non-medical vibrators will do what is needed.
<br />
<br />Much luck in finding what your cousin needs.
<br />
<br />

cmcintosh

no, she doesn't have any kind of physio therapy. they do have insurance. the doctor has mentioned her getting one of those vibrating vest machines but hasn't mentioned any other devices and really hasn't pushed the issue at all. my cousin is 14 and was just diagnosed back in may but has already been hopitalized 4 times!!! she's always been sick since she was 6 months old...but none of the doctors ever did any tests except allergy tests until now!!

cmcintosh

no, she doesn't have any kind of physio therapy. they do have insurance. the doctor has mentioned her getting one of those vibrating vest machines but hasn't mentioned any other devices and really hasn't pushed the issue at all. my cousin is 14 and was just diagnosed back in may but has already been hopitalized 4 times!!! she's always been sick since she was 6 months old...but none of the doctors ever did any tests except allergy tests until now!!

cmcintosh

cmcintosh

cmcintosh