Trying find a mechanical chest percussion device for my cousin with CF.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cmcintosh</b></i>

that's a good idea.</end quote></div>

Please know that as everyone gets "use" to the CF dx that the ?? & remember will get easier.....

I am glad they have you until then!

JazzysMom

Please know that as everyone gets "use" to the CF dx that the ?? & remember will get easier.....

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

that's a good idea.</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />that's a good idea.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Please know that as everyone gets "use" to the CF dx that the ?? & remember will get easier.....
<br />
<br />I am glad they have you until then!

Transplantmommy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Liza</b></i>

There are two, that I know of, different kinds of percussors. One that Transplant Mommy mentioned does run off a compressor. Some hospitals use them. The hand held part is a small round shape hooked to an airhose that connect to an airsupply. The kind you, Jazzy's Mom and I are familiar with are the all electric kind. We too had one that sounds like what you had. They called it a jackhammer style. It was completely vertical with the cup that pumped up and down.
</end quote></div>

Yes....that is what I was talking about. I had one of the jackhammer one and that just didn't work well and it was really heavy. So, we looked into getting the one that I have currently and it is soooo much better.

Transplantmommy

There are two, that I know of, different kinds of percussors. One that Transplant Mommy mentioned does run off a compressor. Some hospitals use them. The hand held part is a small round shape hooked to an airhose that connect to an airsupply. The kind you, Jazzy's Mom and I are familiar with are the all electric kind. We too had one that sounds like what you had. They called it a jackhammer style. It was completely vertical with the cup that pumped up and down.
</end quote></div>

Yes....that is what I was talking about. I had one of the jackhammer one and that just didn't work well and it was really heavy. So, we looked into getting the one that I have currently and it is soooo much better.

Transplantmommy

</end quote></div>

Transplantmommy

</end quote>

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />There are two, that I know of, different kinds of percussors. One that Transplant Mommy mentioned does run off a compressor. Some hospitals use them. The hand held part is a small round shape hooked to an airhose that connect to an airsupply. The kind you, Jazzy's Mom and I are familiar with are the all electric kind. We too had one that sounds like what you had. They called it a jackhammer style. It was completely vertical with the cup that pumped up and down.
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />Yes....that is what I was talking about. I had one of the jackhammer one and that just didn't work well and it was really heavy. So, we looked into getting the one that I have currently and it is soooo much better.
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe the social worker at the clinic she goes to could work with them to get the vest covered thru insurance, etc. I know the social worker from our CF clinic mentioned that she was going to be attending a workshop regarding the vest and financing, etc....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe the social worker at the clinic she goes to could work with them to get the vest covered thru insurance, etc. I know the social worker from our CF clinic mentioned that she was going to be attending a workshop regarding the vest and financing, etc....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member