Tube feeding/bed wetting

fourkidsmom

My 6 yr old is soaked every morning after his 9 hour tube feeding. He goes to the bathroom at bedtime. It is so bad that I have plastic on his bed, and I put a towel on his bed under his bottom and he wears pull-ups (I just bought goodnites today to see if they work better), and even his sheets and blankets are soaked. I wash everyday. Anyone else with smaller ones had this problem? Is it pretty common? Maybe when I go to bed at midnight I should just get him up to go again, but I hate to bother him with school the next day- I usually am then up at 6 a.m to un hook him. I am thinking this is only going to get worse......

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

My 6 yr old is soaked every morning after his 9 hour tube feeding. He goes to the bathroom at bedtime. It is so bad that I have plastic on his bed, and I put a towel on his bed under his bottom and he wears pull-ups (I just bought goodnites today to see if they work better), and even his sheets and blankets are soaked. I wash everyday. Anyone else with smaller ones had this problem? Is it pretty common? Maybe when I go to bed at midnight I should just get him up to go again, but I hate to bother him with school the next day- I usually am then up at 6 a.m to un hook him. I am thinking this is only going to get worse......

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

stressed

I had the same problem with my girls and night feeds .We tried waking them up at night but in the morning they were so tired that we stopped and just use pull-up,plastic on the bed and we use the washable hospital pads .

stressed

I had the same problem with my girls and night feeds .We tried waking them up at night but in the morning they were so tired that we stopped and just use pull-up,plastic on the bed and we use the washable hospital pads .

stressed

stressed

stressed

izemmom

Emily is still in diapers (she's not quite 2) so it's not exactly "bed wetting" but, she does wake up soaked. She too, is on the tube for 9 hours. We have noticed increased urine output throughout the day. In the morning she is wet through...sheets, pj's...and then, within the hour she is soaking wet again. Usually she pees at the exact moment we are trying to get out the door.

I am actually dreading the potty training ordeal with her...mostly because of the tube issues. She is interested in the potty, but I am not starting until her long tube is switched to the Mic Key...don't need the tube dangling in the potty. Anyway...I'll be checking t his thread for ideas and solutions. Thanks for asking the question! good lluck!

izemmom

Emily is still in diapers (she's not quite 2) so it's not exactly "bed wetting" but, she does wake up soaked. She too, is on the tube for 9 hours. We have noticed increased urine output throughout the day. In the morning she is wet through...sheets, pj's...and then, within the hour she is soaking wet again. Usually she pees at the exact moment we are trying to get out the door.

I am actually dreading the potty training ordeal with her...mostly because of the tube issues. She is interested in the potty, but I am not starting until her long tube is switched to the Mic Key...don't need the tube dangling in the potty. Anyway...I'll be checking t his thread for ideas and solutions. Thanks for asking the question! good lluck!

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom