Tube Weaning

CJPsMom

While we have no plans to remove the g-tube, we'd like to get LO to a point where he's eating most of his food orally. <br><br>Has anyone here had issues with g-tube dependency & a successful weaning story?<br>

CJPsMom

While we have no plans to remove the g-tube, we'd like to get LO to a point where he's eating most of his food orally. <br><br>Has anyone here had issues with g-tube dependency & a successful weaning story?<br>

M

Mommafirst

My daughter eats really well and we only use the tube twice a week. But every attempt to go completely without it has resulted in a weight loss or just a sluggish gain. I hope you hear a positive sotry, I could use to see it myself.

M

Mommafirst

My daughter eats really well and we only use the tube twice a week. But every attempt to go completely without it has resulted in a weight loss or just a sluggish gain. I hope you hear a positive sotry, I could use to see it myself.

mysticrose

My DD's who are 12 and 13 are actually working on this right now. They have not used the feeding tube in almost a yr. Instead they have been drinking the cans. I have my phone alarms set to "can times" which is generally right after a meal. The 13 yr old drinks 5 cans a day the 12 yr old drinks 4. So far we have had pretty good weight gain and they are much happier. Eating for my 13 yr old has always been a huge battle. Now we don't fight her because we know she will get a can after the meal, so she doesn't fight us as much on eating. Also adding Carnation instant breakfast to the drinks have helped but they can be a little expensive.

mysticrose

My DD's who are 12 and 13 are actually working on this right now. They have not used the feeding tube in almost a yr. Instead they have been drinking the cans. I have my phone alarms set to "can times" which is generally right after a meal. The 13 yr old drinks 5 cans a day the 12 yr old drinks 4. So far we have had pretty good weight gain and they are much happier. Eating for my 13 yr old has always been a huge battle. Now we don't fight her because we know she will get a can after the meal, so she doesn't fight us as much on eating. Also adding Carnation instant breakfast to the drinks have helped but they can be a little expensive.