Two borderline sweat chloride tests

KKN

Mistyjo, our daughter is pancreatic insufficient and had sweat test level of 38 on one arm and 41 on the other. It was a long wait for the genetic test but the test was negative. I read a study that found that borderline sweat test and having a symptom of CF results in about a 1 in 4 chance of having CF. Hang in there. This group was invaluable to me while we went through the testing process.
<br />
<br />KKN

S

SarahProcter

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>KKN</b></i> Mistyjo, our daughter is pancreatic insufficient and had sweat test level of 38 on one arm and 41 on the other. It was a long wait for the genetic test but the test was negative.  </end quote></div>

On the other hand, my daughter had sweat tests of 41, 40, and 37, is pancreatic sufficient and has no symptoms at all, and genetic testing shows that she DOES have cystic fibrosis. I'm sorry, so sorry, for the uncertainty, but you are going to have to wait on the genetic testing. It's a good thing that you've been hooked up with a cystic fibrosis center, that's the best approach to take for figuring this out and keeping her healthy.

S

SarahProcter

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>KKN</b></i> Mistyjo, our daughter is pancreatic insufficient and had sweat test level of 38 on one arm and 41 on the other. It was a long wait for the genetic test but the test was negative. </end quote>

On the other hand, my daughter had sweat tests of 41, 40, and 37, is pancreatic sufficient and has no symptoms at all, and genetic testing shows that she DOES have cystic fibrosis. I'm sorry, so sorry, for the uncertainty, but you are going to have to wait on the genetic testing. It's a good thing that you've been hooked up with a cystic fibrosis center, that's the best approach to take for figuring this out and keeping her healthy.

S

SarahProcter

<p><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>KKN</b></i> Mistyjo, our daughter is pancreatic insufficient and had sweat test level of 38 on one arm and 41 on the other. It was a long wait for the genetic test but the test was negative. </end quote>
<p>
<p>On the other hand, my daughter had sweat tests of 41, 40, and 37, is pancreatic sufficient and has no symptoms at all, and genetic testing shows that she DOES have cystic fibrosis. I'm sorry, so sorry, for the uncertainty, but you are going to have to wait on the genetic testing. It's a good thing that you've been hooked up with a cystic fibrosis center, that's the best approach to take for figuring this out and keeping her healthy.

bmombtoo

Waiting is so so difficult. with my son we went from a positive sweat test, to a negative sweat test, no known mutations, and a positive nasal diferential. Based on his sinus problems (including surgery and polyps) and his history of asthma and hospitalizations when he was younger he was diagnosed with atypical CF. He had been fine for a good while but has now hit a rough patch. hang in there and post for feedback whenever you need to.

bmombtoo

Waiting is so so difficult. with my son we went from a positive sweat test, to a negative sweat test, no known mutations, and a positive nasal diferential. Based on his sinus problems (including surgery and polyps) and his history of asthma and hospitalizations when he was younger he was diagnosed with atypical CF. He had been fine for a good while but has now hit a rough patch. hang in there and post for feedback whenever you need to.

bmombtoo

Axel

I just got a borderline sweat test yesterday, 52 was my result. I am 21 and have been chronically ill for about 8 months now trying to figure out whats wrong with me. Have pancreatic insufficiency and restrictive lung volumes. Gotta wait for the genetic test now which will be sent across the country because the city I live in doesn't offer it. Know what its like to have to wait. CF is quite a shitty diagnosis but its better than having no diagnosis at all.

Axel

I just got a borderline sweat test yesterday, 52 was my result. I am 21 and have been chronically ill for about 8 months now trying to figure out whats wrong with me. Have pancreatic insufficiency and restrictive lung volumes. Gotta wait for the genetic test now which will be sent across the country because the city I live in doesn't offer it. Know what its like to have to wait. CF is quite a shitty diagnosis but its better than having no diagnosis at all.

Axel

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Axel, any doctor can order the genetic testing and send it in. DS' was a basic genetic test and was sent to Mayo in Rochester; however, other people I know have ahd their tests sent to ambry and quest.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Axel, any doctor can order the genetic testing and send it in. DS' was a basic genetic test and was sent to Mayo in Rochester; however, other people I know have ahd their tests sent to ambry and quest.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Mistyjo

We got the first round of test back and only low vitamin d so far. Her stool was normal. She doesn't have any of the most common mutations so now we wait for the rest of the genetic testing. She will be having the nasal potential test but not sure when.

Axel, I hope you get answers soon. Post what you find out.

Mistyjo

We got the first round of test back and only low vitamin d so far. Her stool was normal. She doesn't have any of the most common mutations so now we wait for the rest of the genetic testing. She will be having the nasal potential test but not sure when.

Axel, I hope you get answers soon. Post what you find out.

Mistyjo

<br />
<br />Axel, I hope you get answers soon. Post what you find out.