Type of bacteria found in lungs

MaeFlower

My daughter (who has not specifically been diagnosed with CF) had a Bronchoscopy that revealed she had these bacterias

Moraxella Catarrhalis & Haemophilus Species

I'm not sure what kind of bacteria this is & was wondering if anyone may know & may have experienced these bacterias with their children/themselves.

She also had an Endoscopy & Sygmoidoscopy that showed she had high levels of Eosinophils, yet low plasma cells in her Small Intestine & Rectum area

Anyone had experience with any of these things. We are hoping to get the full panel completed within the next few weeks.

Thanks for your input

MaeFlower

My daughter (who has not specifically been diagnosed with CF) had a Bronchoscopy that revealed she had these bacterias

Moraxella Catarrhalis & Haemophilus Species

I'm not sure what kind of bacteria this is & was wondering if anyone may know & may have experienced these bacterias with their children/themselves.

She also had an Endoscopy & Sygmoidoscopy that showed she had high levels of Eosinophils, yet low plasma cells in her Small Intestine & Rectum area

Anyone had experience with any of these things. We are hoping to get the full panel completed within the next few weeks.

Thanks for your input

MaeFlower

<br />
<br />Moraxella Catarrhalis & Haemophilus Species
<br />
<br />I'm not sure what kind of bacteria this is & was wondering if anyone may know & may have experienced these bacterias with their children/themselves.
<br />
<br />She also had an Endoscopy & Sygmoidoscopy that showed she had high levels of Eosinophils, yet low plasma cells in her Small Intestine & Rectum area
<br />
<br />Anyone had experience with any of these things. We are hoping to get the full panel completed within the next few weeks.
<br />
<br />Thanks for your input

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS always culture H. Flu, HIB or Haemophilus Influenza, which I thought was weird because it's something they get vaccinated for. He never really had symptoms other than a stuffed up/boogery nose. When he was 2 1/2 he got put on zithromax for inflamation and his doctor mentioned that as a plus he probably wouldn't culture H. Flu anymore. And he hasn't since.

You may want to post this in the adult section as well, I do seem to recall someone culturing the first one you mentioned.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS always culture H. Flu, HIB or Haemophilus Influenza, which I thought was weird because it's something they get vaccinated for. He never really had symptoms other than a stuffed up/boogery nose. When he was 2 1/2 he got put on zithromax for inflamation and his doctor mentioned that as a plus he probably wouldn't culture H. Flu anymore. And he hasn't since.

You may want to post this in the adult section as well, I do seem to recall someone culturing the first one you mentioned.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />You may want to post this in the adult section as well, I do seem to recall someone culturing the first one you mentioned.

Melissa75

Administrator
Those are some of my favorite bacteria. I believe they are common in the noses of all kids, and in the lungs of people with COPD. I imagine they are kinda like entry-level bacteria for people with CF.
Eosinophils represent activity of the immune system, as in an attack on an allergen or parasite. My friend's child has a dairy allergy for example, which manifests as damage to his esophagus by eosinophils. (It is not a common condition.)
I have no idea what it would mean in the case of your daughter. I hope the doctor can offer some ideas.

Melissa75

Administrator
Those are some of my favorite bacteria. I believe they are common in the noses of all kids, and in the lungs of people with COPD. I imagine they are kinda like entry-level bacteria for people with CF.
Eosinophils represent activity of the immune system, as in an attack on an allergen or parasite. My friend's child has a dairy allergy for example, which manifests as damage to his esophagus by eosinophils. (It is not a common condition.)
I have no idea what it would mean in the case of your daughter. I hope the doctor can offer some ideas.

Melissa75

Administrator
<br />Eosinophils represent activity of the immune system, as in an attack on an allergen or parasite. My friend's child has a dairy allergy for example, which manifests as damage to his esophagus by eosinophils. (It is not a common condition.)
<br />I have no idea what it would mean in the case of your daughter. I hope the doctor can offer some ideas.

GlennyB

My daughter Kaiya, now 3, cultured both of those last winter. The first one, seemed relatively easy to get rid of, 2 weeks oral antibugs. She grew Haemopholis pretty much all year, but they said that was more to do with her personally, rather than being a hiddeous bug to get rid of. Both of them were flu like symptoms.

GlennyB

My daughter Kaiya, now 3, cultured both of those last winter. The first one, seemed relatively easy to get rid of, 2 weeks oral antibugs. She grew Haemopholis pretty much all year, but they said that was more to do with her personally, rather than being a hiddeous bug to get rid of. Both of them were flu like symptoms.

GlennyB