types of mutations

shal624

i know there are hundreds of new CF mutations, but i still have no idea what mine is classified. my doctors say it so fast, but then i never remember it. all i know is that its the basic CF gene mutation, but i dont know what it is called. anyone have a clue?

shal624

i know there are hundreds of new CF mutations, but i still have no idea what mine is classified. my doctors say it so fast, but then i never remember it. all i know is that its the basic CF gene mutation, but i dont know what it is called. anyone have a clue?

shal624

JORDYSMOM

You should ask your doctor to tell you what they are, slowly, and write them down so you can remember them. Every person with CF has 2 gene mutations.

Keep in mind, though, that gene mutations do not necessarily predict clinical outcome. Certain genes can be known to cause different presentations, however they affect every patient differently. There are so many other variables that have to be considered, like modifier genes, environment, compliance, etc.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

You should ask your doctor to tell you what they are, slowly, and write them down so you can remember them. Every person with CF has 2 gene mutations.

Keep in mind, though, that gene mutations do not necessarily predict clinical outcome. Certain genes can be known to cause different presentations, however they affect every patient differently. There are so many other variables that have to be considered, like modifier genes, environment, compliance, etc.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />Keep in mind, though, that gene mutations do not necessarily predict clinical outcome. Certain genes can be known to cause different presentations, however they affect every patient differently. There are so many other variables that have to be considered, like modifier genes, environment, compliance, etc.
<br />
<br />Stacey

Solo

I don't really care what mutation I have. And I really don't want to know either, as I feel knowing would pigeonhole me, and I don't like to be controlled/contained. If you know something beforehand, that affects the way you deal with the situation. I take everything that comes up on a case-by case basis.

Solo

I don't really care what mutation I have. And I really don't want to know either, as I feel knowing would pigeonhole me, and I don't like to be controlled/contained. If you know something beforehand, that affects the way you deal with the situation. I take everything that comes up on a case-by case basis.

Solo