http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Cystic-Fibrosis/

I read last year that a major UK political figure had had a son born
with cf.

Dee Dee
Griffins Mama (22 mos wcf)

Bumblebee

hello
<br><br>
For those who are confused and think we get all care free in the UK because of the NHS here is some background,
<br><br>
i would love the prescription charges to be abolished in the UK, not because i'm tight but because of the "unfairness" of it. In the UK, CF sufferers in Scotland and Wales get prescriptions free of charge, because they are on the prescription charge exemption list. Therefore ALL their care is FREE! In england however we still have to pay £6.50 ($12) per item or about £100 ($200) a year to get everything. Frankly considering how much we get for complete free and the excellent standard of care we get in the UK, i don't mind paying for this. (besides it is means tested so if you don't work etc, you don't pay...since i do work i don't mind paying....i can afford it). <br><br> However the thing that i find unfair is the fact that other diseases make it on the exemption list, such as diabetes, but CF isn't, in england at least. Therefore if i got CFRD i would get it free. Now, why is diabetes free and CF isn't? The list of exemption was drawn up in the 1960's when people with CF generally didn't live past 18. Now considering all prescriptions are free for those under 18, they didn't feel the need to put CF on the adult expemtion list (despite being a chronic terminal condition which needs consitant drugs - the requirement to be on the exemption list). So this is the unfairness, CF sufferes pay, despite meeting all requirements to be on the exemption list in england because of an antiquated system that doesn't recognise it. Where as diabetes (a relatievely mild condition comapred to CF as i'm sure you all agree), is on the list.
<br><br>
Like i said, i would be happy to pay if i thought the list was fair, but it isn't. Therefore i want england to get CFers on list. Wales and Scotland came to it's senses, what about england? In 1997 when Tony Blair came into power it was promised to us we would get prescription exemption, 10 years later and him now out of power, he seems to have welshed on the deal. Perhaps Gordon Brown (the new PM), will come to his senses (and you would think he would since his child has CF).
<br><br>
xxxx

Bumblebee

hello
<br><br>
For those who are confused and think we get all care free in the UK because of the NHS here is some background,
<br><br>
i would love the prescription charges to be abolished in the UK, not because i'm tight but because of the "unfairness" of it. In the UK, CF sufferers in Scotland and Wales get prescriptions free of charge, because they are on the prescription charge exemption list. Therefore ALL their care is FREE! In england however we still have to pay £6.50 ($12) per item or about £100 ($200) a year to get everything. Frankly considering how much we get for complete free and the excellent standard of care we get in the UK, i don't mind paying for this. (besides it is means tested so if you don't work etc, you don't pay...since i do work i don't mind paying....i can afford it). <br><br> However the thing that i find unfair is the fact that other diseases make it on the exemption list, such as diabetes, but CF isn't, in england at least. Therefore if i got CFRD i would get it free. Now, why is diabetes free and CF isn't? The list of exemption was drawn up in the 1960's when people with CF generally didn't live past 18. Now considering all prescriptions are free for those under 18, they didn't feel the need to put CF on the adult expemtion list (despite being a chronic terminal condition which needs consitant drugs - the requirement to be on the exemption list). So this is the unfairness, CF sufferes pay, despite meeting all requirements to be on the exemption list in england because of an antiquated system that doesn't recognise it. Where as diabetes (a relatievely mild condition comapred to CF as i'm sure you all agree), is on the list.
<br><br>
Like i said, i would be happy to pay if i thought the list was fair, but it isn't. Therefore i want england to get CFers on list. Wales and Scotland came to it's senses, what about england? In 1997 when Tony Blair came into power it was promised to us we would get prescription exemption, 10 years later and him now out of power, he seems to have welshed on the deal. Perhaps Gordon Brown (the new PM), will come to his senses (and you would think he would since his child has CF).
<br><br>
xxxx

Bumblebee

hello
<br><br>
<br><br>
<br><br>
<br><br>
xxxx

Bumblebee

hello
<br><br>
<br><br>
<br><br>
<br><br>
xxxx

Bumblebee

hello
<br><br>
<br><br>
<br><br>
<br><br>
xxxx