UPDATE: Muddy Buddy

BaylorCrew07

Ok...so a few of my friends have done mud-runs and/or muddy buddy races. Basically you run, crawl, slide, ride, etc through mud. I know it sounds silly, but it looks and sounds really fun from what I've heard! <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://muddy-buddy.competitor.com/">Pics and info here</a>

Anyway, my college roommate wants me to do one with her...I would LOVE to, but I figure it's probably not the best idea, considering cepacia can be found in soil, etc.

Should I probably pass? I'll check w/ my doctor before making the final call, but my gut is unfortunately telling me I probably shoudln't do it. Thoughts?

(updated with Dr's response below 4/9/10)

BaylorCrew07

Ok...so a few of my friends have done mud-runs and/or muddy buddy races. Basically you run, crawl, slide, ride, etc through mud. I know it sounds silly, but it looks and sounds really fun from what I've heard! <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://muddy-buddy.competitor.com/">Pics and info here</a>

Anyway, my college roommate wants me to do one with her...I would LOVE to, but I figure it's probably not the best idea, considering cepacia can be found in soil, etc.

Should I probably pass? I'll check w/ my doctor before making the final call, but my gut is unfortunately telling me I probably shoudln't do it. Thoughts?

BaylorCrew07

BaylorCrew07

BaylorCrew07

<br />
<br />Anyway, my college roommate wants me to do one with her...I would LOVE to, but I figure it's probably not the best idea, considering cepacia can be found in soil, etc.
<br />
<br />Should I probably pass? I'll check w/ my doctor before making the final call, but my gut is unfortunately telling me I probably shoudln't do it. Thoughts?
<br />
<br />(updated with Dr's response below 4/9/10)

Jeana

Muddy Buddy

I go mudding all the time on my four-wheeler, and me and my boys get drenched in mud. I've mentioned to my doctor, but he's never told me to avoid it because of cepacia. I, too, would like to hear back from others who have more knowledge about this.

Jeana

Muddy Buddy

I go mudding all the time on my four-wheeler, and me and my boys get drenched in mud. I've mentioned to my doctor, but he's never told me to avoid it because of cepacia. I, too, would like to hear back from others who have more knowledge about this.

Jeana

Muddy Buddy

Jeana

Muddy Buddy

Jeana

Muddy Buddy

theLostMiler

Muddy Buddy

Im gonna say, go for it!

It can be in the environment but I dont know... I already have it but anyways... I dont think I would be able to give up hiking or playing in the mud as a kid or swimming in lakes growing up... you have good lung function and you do your treatments regularly... I say that if by chance you did breath it in, you do your treatment and cough that mucus out girl!

Of course run it by your doctor but I would think most doctors would say that you cant live in a bubble... (thats what mine tell me... they say "In a perfect world, we would like you to do this, but realistically we understand <insert activity or whatnot here>"

theLostMiler

Muddy Buddy

Im gonna say, go for it!

It can be in the environment but I dont know... I already have it but anyways... I dont think I would be able to give up hiking or playing in the mud as a kid or swimming in lakes growing up... you have good lung function and you do your treatments regularly... I say that if by chance you did breath it in, you do your treatment and cough that mucus out girl!

Of course run it by your doctor but I would think most doctors would say that you cant live in a bubble... (thats what mine tell me... they say "In a perfect world, we would like you to do this, but realistically we understand <insert activity or whatnot here>"

theLostMiler

Muddy Buddy

Im gonna say, go for it!

theLostMiler

Muddy Buddy

Im gonna say, go for it!

theLostMiler

Muddy Buddy

Im gonna say, go for it!
<br />
<br />It can be in the environment but I dont know... I already have it but anyways... I dont think I would be able to give up hiking or playing in the mud as a kid or swimming in lakes growing up... you have good lung function and you do your treatments regularly... I say that if by chance you did breath it in, you do your treatment and cough that mucus out girl!
<br />
<br />Of course run it by your doctor but I would think most doctors would say that you cant live in a bubble... (thats what mine tell me... they say "In a perfect world, we would like you to do this, but realistically we understand <insert activity or whatnot here>"