update on Alexa

T

TonyaH

Hi Nicole,

My son cultured PA at approximately 12 mos. He did two rounds of the 28days on/28 days off TOBI and never cultured PA again until a couple of months ago (he is now 9). We just finished up three weeks of IV antibiotics, and all is going well. PICC line came out today!!!!

So, it is very possible that Alexa's pa can be eradicated and not show up again for a very long time! Keep doing what you are doing and try to not second guess yourself. You are doing a great job with your little one!

T

TonyaH

Hi Nicole,

My son cultured PA at approximately 12 mos. He did two rounds of the 28days on/28 days off TOBI and never cultured PA again until a couple of months ago (he is now 9). We just finished up three weeks of IV antibiotics, and all is going well. PICC line came out today!!!!

So, it is very possible that Alexa's pa can be eradicated and not show up again for a very long time! Keep doing what you are doing and try to not second guess yourself. You are doing a great job with your little one!

T

TonyaH

Hi Nicole,

T

TonyaH

Hi Nicole,

T

TonyaH

Hi Nicole,

izemmom

Emily cultured PA just after she turned 2 months. I know how you are feeling. LIke others have said, it was hard on us. Almost harder than the diagnosis in some ways.

She did 4 rounds (I think) for TOBI 28 on/28 off, and has never cultured it since. Don't give up hope. Do the Tobi faithfully and know you are not alone. You ARE doing the best for your sweet little one. Let us know if we can help you in any way.

izemmom

Emily cultured PA just after she turned 2 months. I know how you are feeling. LIke others have said, it was hard on us. Almost harder than the diagnosis in some ways.

She did 4 rounds (I think) for TOBI 28 on/28 off, and has never cultured it since. Don't give up hope. Do the Tobi faithfully and know you are not alone. You ARE doing the best for your sweet little one. Let us know if we can help you in any way.

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom