UPDATE ON GARRAN

JustDucky

Thank you for the update Leah...I too am glad that you can see Victoria, that you are so close to them. I am praying very hard for all of them, please let them know that I am keeping them all in my thoughts and prayers. Jenn

JustDucky

Thank you for the update Leah...I too am glad that you can see Victoria, that you are so close to them. I am praying very hard for all of them, please let them know that I am keeping them all in my thoughts and prayers. Jenn

JustDucky

JustDucky

JustDucky

vmhoward

Hi all,

Just a quick update.

I tried to update last night but my long message that I typed didnt go through for some reason. So I gave up and had to go back up to the floor to be with Garran.

Anyway, as of today he is completely off the Blood Pressure Meds that were keeping his BP up. He is down to 35-40% O2 (started at 60%) on the Ventilator and is satting at 91%. His Ppeak # is down to 30 which was at 48 when we got here. Which is the amount of pressure needed to generate a breath.

They are going to take the Femeral (sp) Arterial line out in his groin today. The one that was measureing his BP, since his BP is back to a normal state. So, one down 4 to go. Although I think they were talking about placing one in his arm to measure it.

They are also talking about going ahead and taking him off of the Paralitic today and letting him try to breathe on his own with the machine. He has been on this and the sedation since he got here. they will continue to keep him sedated until the Tube is out.

His X ray yesterday showed that his Right Lower Lobe which we have been trying to get Uncollapsed since June is finally opening up. It looked better than it has in Months. The rest of the lungs are still pretty cloudy but better than they were on Tuesday Morning.

The Doctor did say yesterday that after all is said and done, he will still be pretty succeptible to infection for a good 5-6 months. This being said we will probably take him out of public school and homeschool him for the rest of 1st grade. To assure that he doesnt get sick. They said even the slightest cold could bring him back up here to the PICU.

Chris should be to the hospital by this afternoon, Thank you all for your continued prayer and support. I am so greatful to have such caring friends as I do here.

Love,

vmhoward

Hi all,

Just a quick update.

I tried to update last night but my long message that I typed didnt go through for some reason. So I gave up and had to go back up to the floor to be with Garran.

Anyway, as of today he is completely off the Blood Pressure Meds that were keeping his BP up. He is down to 35-40% O2 (started at 60%) on the Ventilator and is satting at 91%. His Ppeak # is down to 30 which was at 48 when we got here. Which is the amount of pressure needed to generate a breath.

They are going to take the Femeral (sp) Arterial line out in his groin today. The one that was measureing his BP, since his BP is back to a normal state. So, one down 4 to go. Although I think they were talking about placing one in his arm to measure it.

They are also talking about going ahead and taking him off of the Paralitic today and letting him try to breathe on his own with the machine. He has been on this and the sedation since he got here. they will continue to keep him sedated until the Tube is out.

His X ray yesterday showed that his Right Lower Lobe which we have been trying to get Uncollapsed since June is finally opening up. It looked better than it has in Months. The rest of the lungs are still pretty cloudy but better than they were on Tuesday Morning.

The Doctor did say yesterday that after all is said and done, he will still be pretty succeptible to infection for a good 5-6 months. This being said we will probably take him out of public school and homeschool him for the rest of 1st grade. To assure that he doesnt get sick. They said even the slightest cold could bring him back up here to the PICU.

Chris should be to the hospital by this afternoon, Thank you all for your continued prayer and support. I am so greatful to have such caring friends as I do here.

Love,

vmhoward

Hi all,

Just a quick update.

Love,

vmhoward

Hi all,

Just a quick update.

Love,

vmhoward

Hi all,

Just a quick update.

Love,

A

Aspiemom

Oh, I'm so happy that he is improving! Especially that his lower lobe is starting to "uncollapse!". And his BP is normal. Many good improvements! I will continue praying for Garran and for the whole family. I'm sure it will be great for Garran when he comes out of sedation to see his dad with you, Victoria!!!

A

Aspiemom

Oh, I'm so happy that he is improving! Especially that his lower lobe is starting to "uncollapse!". And his BP is normal. Many good improvements! I will continue praying for Garran and for the whole family. I'm sure it will be great for Garran when he comes out of sedation to see his dad with you, Victoria!!!

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom