Update on granddaughter Ely

eeskew7282

I wasn't sure how to post a question..
My question is about my daughter, she is 22 months old. She has recently had two respiratory infections over the past month and a half. Her pediatrician says she may be developing asthma and it is being triggered by avi by viruses at the daycare. I always worry so much about the kids, I read everything I can find even when it is just a cold. My concern is when I kiss her forehead it is reallly salty, other areas on her body are not very salty tasting, she has no GI problems with the exception of constipation at times. Just the two respiratory infections and the salty tasting forehead. What do you think?? My husband is a retired MD and he thinks I am so silly for thinking that it may be cf, he said he has treated kids with CF and they appear much sicker than our daughter.

eeskew7282

My question is about my daughter, she is 22 months old. She has recently had two respiratory infections over the past month and a half. Her pediatrician says she may be developing asthma and it is being triggered by avi by viruses at the daycare. I always worry so much about the kids, I read everything I can find even when it is just a cold. My concern is when I kiss her forehead it is reallly salty, other areas on her body are not very salty tasting, she has no GI problems with the exception of constipation at times. Just the two respiratory infections and the salty tasting forehead. What do you think?? My husband is a retired MD and he thinks I am so silly for thinking that it may be cf, he said he has treated kids with CF and they appear much sicker than our daughter.

eeskew7282

eeskew7282

eeskew7282

grannylana

To Lesa E
Yes he is probably right and it is nothing but you are the mom. If it worries you so much why not find out. Like I said my wonderful daughter in law wouldn't give up. My son on the other hand kept thinking if we ignore this it will go away.
Good luck and it is probably nothing.
Moms and grandmas were born to worry.

grannylana

To Lesa E
Yes he is probably right and it is nothing but you are the mom. If it worries you so much why not find out. Like I said my wonderful daughter in law wouldn't give up. My son on the other hand kept thinking if we ignore this it will go away.

grannylana

To Lesa E

grannylana

To Lesa E

grannylana

To Lesa E

grannylana

Elyson turned 6 in June and we had the first positive sweat test in April and I think it was a 67. I have heard some call that borderline. I am no expert to be sure.
The enzymes seem to be the thing right now that is keeping her from losing any more weight. Also she is nearly stomach pain free on them. I couldn't believe they took her off them last fall after they couldnt find her mutation.
If we could just help her gain weight. She is tall for her age and weighs 40lbs.
Wish grandma could give her some.
Thanks for the encouragement and you all are right we just needed an answer finally.
I will have the kids get on this site when they are here.
Thanks again.

grannylana

Elyson turned 6 in June and we had the first positive sweat test in April and I think it was a 67. I have heard some call that borderline. I am no expert to be sure.
The enzymes seem to be the thing right now that is keeping her from losing any more weight. Also she is nearly stomach pain free on them. I couldn't believe they took her off them last fall after they couldnt find her mutation.
If we could just help her gain weight. She is tall for her age and weighs 40lbs.
Thanks for the encouragement and you all are right we just needed an answer finally.
Thanks again.

grannylana

Thanks again.

grannylana

Thanks again.

grannylana

Thanks again.