update

jabug8

Baby girl had her sweat test done today and came back once again borderline. Waiting on her blood work to come back. It's been almost a week now. Hopefully it will be back soon. Not sure where we go from here. We are in the process to getting a new pulmonary dr. Can anyone tell me....on an order form/script to have blood drawn for CF, her dr ordered a 32 analytical.... does anyone know what that means

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
I'm thinking it probably means they are testing for the 32 most common CF mutations. If it comes back with none or only 1 they should proceed to the 100 or full Ambry analysis. Hang in there.

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Jabug,

Sorry you are still in limbo. Hope you're hanging in there!

32 analytical means they are only testing her for the 32 most common mutations. There are over 2,000 known mutations. I think it's pretty common to start with the 32 panel because it's a lot cheaper. I wish though given her symptoms and multiple borderline/positive sweat tests they would have went ahead with the full panel. If this 32 panel shows 2 mutations, you will know. If it shows one mutation, they would/should then run the full panel to see if there is another one. If the 32 panel comes back with no mutations, they may not want to pursue further testing. If that's the case, unfortunately you would probably still have lingering questions.

Hopefully you have answers very soon! Until then, keep on keepin' on, you're doing great!

Autumn 34 w/CF