Update

djotroy17

I have been feeling cruddy recently, and a little stressed from school ending and exams coming up. It seems like alot of days I get really cold for a while as if I had a fever, but then later in the day it goes away. The past 2-3 days I have had an annoying cough...every time I take a breath it feels like something is tickling my chest and makes me wana cough. I have been coughing alot up, but none of it looks that bad, its just sticky light green mucus.

I took augmentum for my sinus infection about a week ago for 5 days and called my dad today and let him know ive had a cough, he wants me to take augmentum again, I told him theres no point because it doesnt effect lung infections, just sinus. He still wants me to take it, but I dont think theres any reason to because my sinus's feel normal.

I had a hockey game today and did run out of breath faster then normal. School ends Friday and I will be going up to Tampa to get a CAT-Scan and get setup with a CF doctor at a CF center...I think I am going to need an IV or something which really sux since I have a needle phobia, but it would be better then having this cough stick with me.

djotroy17

I have been feeling cruddy recently, and a little stressed from school ending and exams coming up. It seems like alot of days I get really cold for a while as if I had a fever, but then later in the day it goes away. The past 2-3 days I have had an annoying cough...every time I take a breath it feels like something is tickling my chest and makes me wana cough. I have been coughing alot up, but none of it looks that bad, its just sticky light green mucus.

I took augmentum for my sinus infection about a week ago for 5 days and called my dad today and let him know ive had a cough, he wants me to take augmentum again, I told him theres no point because it doesnt effect lung infections, just sinus. He still wants me to take it, but I dont think theres any reason to because my sinus's feel normal.

I had a hockey game today and did run out of breath faster then normal. School ends Friday and I will be going up to Tampa to get a CAT-Scan and get setup with a CF doctor at a CF center...I think I am going to need an IV or something which really sux since I have a needle phobia, but it would be better then having this cough stick with me.

djotroy17

catboogie

good luck getting through this rough time. school used to be really stressful on my health as well--especially end of the semester. wish i could say something more helpful than that. i know what you mean about needles--i think you will feel better about being treated (whatever that means) as soon as you are set up with a good CF doctor who you trust and who can answer your questions (hopefully).

catboogie

good luck getting through this rough time. school used to be really stressful on my health as well--especially end of the semester. wish i could say something more helpful than that. i know what you mean about needles--i think you will feel better about being treated (whatever that means) as soon as you are set up with a good CF doctor who you trust and who can answer your questions (hopefully).

catboogie

princessjdc

I hope you get to feeling better. Sorry your feeling crummy it does sound like you need to see a CF doc and get the right antibiotics or ivs to help get you back on your feet. Good luck with your Cat Scan and apointment when indeed you set one up and I hope that you do feel a lot better soon!

princessjdc

I hope you get to feeling better. Sorry your feeling crummy it does sound like you need to see a CF doc and get the right antibiotics or ivs to help get you back on your feet. Good luck with your Cat Scan and apointment when indeed you set one up and I hope that you do feel a lot better soon!

princessjdc

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>djotroy17</b></i>

I took augmentum for my sinus infection about a week ago for 5 days </end quote></div>

Why did you take Augmentin for only 5 days?

NoExcuses

I took augmentum for my sinus infection about a week ago for 5 days </end quote></div>

NoExcuses

djotroy17

I was not sure how long I was supposed to do it for. My dad told me today I should have done it for 7 days. Is it that big of a deal?

djotroy17

I was not sure how long I was supposed to do it for. My dad told me today I should have done it for 7 days. Is it that big of a deal?

djotroy17

kayleesgrandma

I think you should have taken it for at the very least 7, but usually its 10 days on antibiotics. You probably still have an infection. You better listen to your father.

kayleesgrandma

I think you should have taken it for at the very least 7, but usually its 10 days on antibiotics. You probably still have an infection. You better listen to your father.

kayleesgrandma

JazzysMom

I was not sure how long I was supposed to do it for. My dad told me today I should have done it for 7 days. Is it that big of a deal?</end quote></div>

Did YOU take it for 5 days or did the doctor PRESCRIBE it for 5 days? IF you decided to take it for 5 days then you are screwing yourself. A med is prescribed for a certain amount of days for a certain amount for a reason. You wont/dont/cant get the full benefit otherwise. If anything you could start resistance depending on how often it happens. IF the doctor prescribed it this way then IMHO he screwed up.

JazzysMom

I was not sure how long I was supposed to do it for. My dad told me today I should have done it for 7 days. Is it that big of a deal?</end quote></div>

Did YOU take it for 5 days or did the doctor PRESCRIBE it for 5 days? IF you decided to take it for 5 days then you are screwing yourself. A med is prescribed for a certain amount of days for a certain amount for a reason. You wont/dont/cant get the full benefit otherwise. If anything you could start resistance depending on how often it happens. IF the doctor prescribed it this way then IMHO he screwed up.