urgent tobi problem

anonymous

I went on tobi a little over a week ago and have been on it several times in the past during tune ups, but this time I have been having problems with it. It started out that for about 2-3 hours after my treatment my chest would feel very very tight. Within the past day or two it has felt tight ALL day. I have never needed my inhaler in the past, but in the past week I feel like I always need it. I even got up in the middle of the night to use it once.Last night I was so tight that I actually skipped a treatment and decided not to do it today either because I was afraid. I know you should never stop a drug without doctor permission, but even my inhaler wasn't soothing my tight chest and I was scared. I called my doctor, but he wasn't in and they told me he would call me later, but he hasn't called yet. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. And why have I used it in the past during a tune up and it didn't bother me. Is there any way to fix it or do you think I am allergic to tobi now? I am desperate for anyones input...just wish my doc would call back. Anyway let me know.Thanks

anonymous

My daughter ,6, uses Tobi. It helps her and I end up on prednisone just about every time she is on. At first I just thought it was my asthma that came back, but she was off of it for about 9 months and I felt great. Then she was put on it again and the day she started I had to start using my inhailer every hour and ended up on pred. again! I told her Doc and he said that some people have bronchiospasms from the Tobi and can not use it. I have to try to stay away from my daughter during treatments but the mist is in the house and still affects me. I hope you find a way to deal with this as I know how misserable it can be. Maybe there is somthing else that you can use. Michelle

anonymous

I had this happen to me when i used inhaled colistin. I found that using my inhaler before inhaling the medicine, helped me a lot. You may want to try that next time you inhale the tobi. Inhaled antibiotics can be irritating to the lungs and make them feel tight after inhaling them. The inhaler helps to keep the passages open during, and after treatment, making your lungs feel less tight. Its worth a try, especially if you really need the tobi.