Urine infection and cf related?

julie

You need to call the doctor, antibiotics should have kicked in within 24 hours. It sounds like this antibiotic she was given doesn't work to kill the bug she has. That actually happens often and it should be easy for the doctor to switch her to a different antibiotic.

Does he have her on any pain medications? There is one that is just for bladder infections, pyridium. It will turn her urine orange but it numbs the bladder.

Make sure she is drinking a LOT of water. If she is refusing to take it (I see she is only 20 months) then you need to get her to the doctor for IV fluids.

julie

You need to call the doctor, antibiotics should have kicked in within 24 hours. It sounds like this antibiotic she was given doesn't work to kill the bug she has. That actually happens often and it should be easy for the doctor to switch her to a different antibiotic.

Does he have her on any pain medications? There is one that is just for bladder infections, pyridium. It will turn her urine orange but it numbs the bladder.

Make sure she is drinking a LOT of water. If she is refusing to take it (I see she is only 20 months) then you need to get her to the doctor for IV fluids.

julie

julie

julie

<br />
<br />Does he have her on any pain medications? There is one that is just for bladder infections, pyridium. It will turn her urine orange but it numbs the bladder.
<br />
<br />Make sure she is drinking a LOT of water. If she is refusing to take it (I see she is only 20 months) then you need to get her to the doctor for IV fluids.

cutiepatootie

I use to get bladder infections all the time, Julie is right the antibiotics they should kick in the first 24 to 48 hours after talking them. I have also had a urinary track infection once, I was hospitalize for that one. When I was sick with them I never wanted to eat because my stomach was so swollen, I kind of lelt full all the time. I was always told that cranberry juice is good for bladder infections, try giving her some of that to drink and if she get them often you should give her cranberry juice more ofter too. I hope thats help you out alittle!!!

cutiepatootie

I use to get bladder infections all the time, Julie is right the antibiotics they should kick in the first 24 to 48 hours after talking them. I have also had a urinary track infection once, I was hospitalize for that one. When I was sick with them I never wanted to eat because my stomach was so swollen, I kind of lelt full all the time. I was always told that cranberry juice is good for bladder infections, try giving her some of that to drink and if she get them often you should give her cranberry juice more ofter too. I hope thats help you out alittle!!!

cutiepatootie

cutiepatootie

cutiepatootie