using oxygen while exercising

ej0820

Hey guys!

I've recently started working out. I've been doing Walk Off the Pounds DVDs (surprisingly GREAT cardio, for those wondering) and pilates. I started using oxygen at night before I started this exercise regimen so I assumed I should use the O2 while exerting myself. Is this effective? I mean, I feel good when I use it during exercise and don't feel like I could get very far in the exercise without it, but will this help me increase my lung capacity and exercise tolerance or will it just make me more dependent on oxygen during these times? I guess I'm wondering if I use O2 while working out, is it possible to get to a point of not needing it while exercising anymore, or will I always need it since that's how I started? How would I know?

I'm noticing that I'm able to walk a little further in parking lots and such with out getting as SOB as I used to. Could this be a sign that I'm successfully helping out my lungs and might eventually need O2 less?

ej0820

Hey guys!

I've recently started working out. I've been doing Walk Off the Pounds DVDs (surprisingly GREAT cardio, for those wondering) and pilates. I started using oxygen at night before I started this exercise regimen so I assumed I should use the O2 while exerting myself. Is this effective? I mean, I feel good when I use it during exercise and don't feel like I could get very far in the exercise without it, but will this help me increase my lung capacity and exercise tolerance or will it just make me more dependent on oxygen during these times? I guess I'm wondering if I use O2 while working out, is it possible to get to a point of not needing it while exercising anymore, or will I always need it since that's how I started? How would I know?

I'm noticing that I'm able to walk a little further in parking lots and such with out getting as SOB as I used to. Could this be a sign that I'm successfully helping out my lungs and might eventually need O2 less?

ej0820

Hey guys!
<br />
<br />I've recently started working out. I've been doing Walk Off the Pounds DVDs (surprisingly GREAT cardio, for those wondering) and pilates. I started using oxygen at night before I started this exercise regimen so I assumed I should use the O2 while exerting myself. Is this effective? I mean, I feel good when I use it during exercise and don't feel like I could get very far in the exercise without it, but will this help me increase my lung capacity and exercise tolerance or will it just make me more dependent on oxygen during these times? I guess I'm wondering if I use O2 while working out, is it possible to get to a point of not needing it while exercising anymore, or will I always need it since that's how I started? How would I know?
<br />
<br />I'm noticing that I'm able to walk a little further in parking lots and such with out getting as SOB as I used to. Could this be a sign that I'm successfully helping out my lungs and might eventually need O2 less?

SIcklyhatED

I've wondered the same thing actually. I figured, hey, my muscles need O2 when working out, here's some extra!

I became a fan of doing the stationary bike in the morning with my Tobi becuase my breathing ahrder helped get it down in there (but that was just on a normal neb, not oxygen)

I've tried doing my nebs on O2 while on the bike and I dont notice any difference really. and that was at 8 liters per minute. I think you'd probably have to crank up the O2 levels to REALLY notice a difference in performance.

SIcklyhatED

I've wondered the same thing actually. I figured, hey, my muscles need O2 when working out, here's some extra!

I became a fan of doing the stationary bike in the morning with my Tobi becuase my breathing ahrder helped get it down in there (but that was just on a normal neb, not oxygen)

I've tried doing my nebs on O2 while on the bike and I dont notice any difference really. and that was at 8 liters per minute. I think you'd probably have to crank up the O2 levels to REALLY notice a difference in performance.

SIcklyhatED

<br />
<br />I became a fan of doing the stationary bike in the morning with my Tobi becuase my breathing ahrder helped get it down in there (but that was just on a normal neb, not oxygen)
<br />
<br />I've tried doing my nebs on O2 while on the bike and I dont notice any difference really. and that was at 8 liters per minute. I think you'd probably have to crank up the O2 levels to REALLY notice a difference in performance.
<br />