V-Tach Adventure ...

Grendel

So on Friday morning I was very dizzy with high respiration and not feeling well. I went to the ER and I was in V-Tach. MY heart rate was 300 and they were freaking out. I was nervous as I am not use to heart issues. After an ambulance ride to the nearest heart hospital 60 miles away and 5 nights in the hospital, it turns out my heart is in perfect shape, no damage, and no congenital issues. However, I was sleeping an average of 4-6 hours a night for 4 weeks without my O2. At room air I am at 89-90% awake, asleep maybe 85 or lower. The lack of sleep leached minerals and electrolytes from my system, coupled with the heart stress of low O2 levels, my heart experienced a series of bi-gemini heart rhythms and periods of Ventricular tachycardia. I was able to leave the hospital without them surgically giving me a defibulator. That would have sucked.
The moral of the story ... sleep well, take your vitamins and supplements, and wear your O2 at night if your SaO2 levels are below 90% when awake. I was told I shouldn't have been able to drive myself to the hospital, and that I very easily could have died. Just another day at the office, but a day we can manage to avoid. So all of you out there please take caution.
By the way, heart hospitals have no resources to manage CF, so I actually lost weight and my lung function dropped while in the heart hospital.
Best,
Grendel

Grendel

So on Friday morning I was very dizzy with high respiration and not feeling well. I went to the ER and I was in V-Tach. MY heart rate was 300 and they were freaking out. I was nervous as I am not use to heart issues. After an ambulance ride to the nearest heart hospital 60 miles away and 5 nights in the hospital, it turns out my heart is in perfect shape, no damage, and no congenital issues. However, I was sleeping an average of 4-6 hours a night for 4 weeks without my O2. At room air I am at 89-90% awake, asleep maybe 85 or lower. The lack of sleep leached minerals and electrolytes from my system, coupled with the heart stress of low O2 levels, my heart experienced a series of bi-gemini heart rhythms and periods of Ventricular tachycardia. I was able to leave the hospital without them surgically giving me a defibulator. That would have sucked.
The moral of the story ... sleep well, take your vitamins and supplements, and wear your O2 at night if your SaO2 levels are below 90% when awake. I was told I shouldn't have been able to drive myself to the hospital, and that I very easily could have died. Just another day at the office, but a day we can manage to avoid. So all of you out there please take caution.
By the way, heart hospitals have no resources to manage CF, so I actually lost weight and my lung function dropped while in the heart hospital.
Best,
Grendel

Grendel

Best,
Grendel

Grendel

Best,
Grendel

Grendel

Best,
Grendel

H

hopesiris

300! I've been having mild tachycardia due to hyperthyroidism. Can't imagine what 300 bpm feels like. Glad you are better, scary, I know.

H

hopesiris

300! I've been having mild tachycardia due to hyperthyroidism. Can't imagine what 300 bpm feels like. Glad you are better, scary, I know.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris