Vertex 770 question

lrbloms

If you are colonized with psuedomonas, does the medicine still work? I heard through contacts that I have that if you have psuedo, the medicine doesn't work. I hope I heard wrong because That knocks out most of the CF community.

lrbloms

If you are colonized with psuedomonas, does the medicine still work? I heard through contacts that I have that if you have psuedo, the medicine doesn't work. I hope I heard wrong because That knocks out most of the CF community.

lrbloms

<BR>If you are colonized with psuedomonas, does the medicine still work? I heard through contacts that I have that if you have psuedo, the medicine doesn't work. I hope I heard wrong because That knocks out most of the CF community.

K

Kaethe108

Why should it Not work then?
Logically it should help the Body to get rid of the Germs because the "Self-cleaning function" of the lung is working again/better.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

K

Kaethe108

Logically it should help the Body to get rid of the Germs because the "Self-cleaning function" of the lung is working again/better.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

K

Kaethe108

<br />Logically it should help the Body to get rid of the Germs because the "Self-cleaning function" of the lung is working again/better.
<br />Please correct me if I'm wrong.

kitomd21

You definitely heard wrong...the drug functions to bring the NaCl channel to it's proper function...thus mucus becomes thinner and can be moved out of the lungs more easily. Colonization with PA would 'hopefully' no longer be an issue without the thickened secretions....

kitomd21

You definitely heard wrong...the drug functions to bring the NaCl channel to it's proper function...thus mucus becomes thinner and can be moved out of the lungs more easily. Colonization with PA would 'hopefully' no longer be an issue without the thickened secretions....

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

ymikhale

you heard wrong. The mechanism behind the drug does not depend on anyparticular germ. I am not sure it will get of PA though if a patient is already colonized.

ymikhale

you heard wrong. The mechanism behind the drug does not depend on anyparticular germ. I am not sure it will get of PA though if a patient is already colonized.

ymikhale