Very confused new mom...

KerbyS

I am a new mom to a wonderful little girl (Cooper) who is still in the NICU. My husband and I found out that she has CF and after treating a bowl condtion she is now able to eat with the enyzme (spelling?) in the breatmilk. To my horror today I was feeding Cooper and she started to drool and the drool was now blood... the Doctor now think its because it was not mixed in applesauce. They are now feeding her through a tube that goes down her nose until her mouth heals. This all sounds crazy to me but I feel really lost and alone right now... and I have no one to ask for advice.

KerbyS

I am a new mom to a wonderful little girl (Cooper) who is still in the NICU. My husband and I found out that she has CF and after treating a bowl condtion she is now able to eat with the enyzme (spelling?) in the breatmilk. To my horror today I was feeding Cooper and she started to drool and the drool was now blood... the Doctor now think its because it was not mixed in applesauce. They are now feeding her through a tube that goes down her nose until her mouth heals. This all sounds crazy to me but I feel really lost and alone right now... and I have no one to ask for advice.

KerbyS

KerbyS

KerbyS

mom4holly

I hope that your little one gets better. I unfortunately can't give you any advice on enzymes in an infant because my daughter wasn't diagnosed until she was old enough to swallow a pill. I have found a lot of support & good information on this site. I will keep Cooper & your family in my prayers.

mom4holly

I hope that your little one gets better. I unfortunately can't give you any advice on enzymes in an infant because my daughter wasn't diagnosed until she was old enough to swallow a pill. I have found a lot of support & good information on this site. I will keep Cooper & your family in my prayers.

mom4holly

mom4holly

mom4holly

mom2lillian

I am very sorry to hear of this, I am sorry I cannot be of more help being a CF'er myself. I did want to say that you are doing a great thing by breastfeeding her. From what I have read on here regarding CF'ers and breastfeeding and my own breastfeeding experience encourage you to continue, try to pump every 2-3 hours, it is even more important with a NICU or premie. DOnt let docs discourage you as there is alot of misinformation regarding breastfeeding and especially with CF'ers. I would contact an Lactation consultant ASAP.

I know that Wanderlost is a LLL mentor and there is another woman on here with alot experience with breastfeeding and CF, I will try to look her up, I believe she has a website and post it back.

My heart goes otu to you, I am sure you will find alot help and support here, just take it one day at a time.

mom2lillian

I am very sorry to hear of this, I am sorry I cannot be of more help being a CF'er myself. I did want to say that you are doing a great thing by breastfeeding her. From what I have read on here regarding CF'ers and breastfeeding and my own breastfeeding experience encourage you to continue, try to pump every 2-3 hours, it is even more important with a NICU or premie. DOnt let docs discourage you as there is alot of misinformation regarding breastfeeding and especially with CF'ers. I would contact an Lactation consultant ASAP.

I know that Wanderlost is a LLL mentor and there is another woman on here with alot experience with breastfeeding and CF, I will try to look her up, I believe she has a website and post it back.

My heart goes otu to you, I am sure you will find alot help and support here, just take it one day at a time.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

here you go, 1/2 the site is dedicated to breastfeeding the CF'er

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cfnutrition4life.com/">http://www.cfnutrition4life.com/</a>

mom2lillian

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cfnutrition4life.com/">http://www.cfnutrition4life.com/</a>

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian