Very Hungry 4 year old.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I do recall the parent of a cfer here in town who mentioned something similar with her son -- he's two and that they began giving him oral mucomyst... I don't know all the details 'cuz it was mentioned in passing at a fundraiser and we were talking about problems with our local clinic. She'd taken her child to U of MN for a second opinion and that was one of the changes the doctors had made...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I do recall the parent of a cfer here in town who mentioned something similar with her son -- he's two and that they began giving him oral mucomyst... I don't know all the details 'cuz it was mentioned in passing at a fundraiser and we were talking about problems with our local clinic. She'd taken her child to U of MN for a second opinion and that was one of the changes the doctors had made...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

pjspiegle

Is she hungry all the time or just when going through a growth spurt? If she is going through a growth spurt, she may not be gaining weight but growing in height. Also, has she been checked for diabetes or cystic fibrosis related diabetes? If there is a diabetes issue this could explain always being hungry but not gaining weight, at least it is one of the symptoms. If her HA1C looks good, ask about getting a meter to spot check her in the am before she eats or drinks anything and then a couple of random checks during the day. This is a much better way of diagnosing diabetes in a CFer and is more accurate. I know anything over 110 in the am pre-meal is to high and anything over 150 on a random is too high.
Since more of us experience a lack of appetite, I would really check the diabetes thing to rule it out at least.
Keep us posted,

pjspiegle

Is she hungry all the time or just when going through a growth spurt? If she is going through a growth spurt, she may not be gaining weight but growing in height. Also, has she been checked for diabetes or cystic fibrosis related diabetes? If there is a diabetes issue this could explain always being hungry but not gaining weight, at least it is one of the symptoms. If her HA1C looks good, ask about getting a meter to spot check her in the am before she eats or drinks anything and then a couple of random checks during the day. This is a much better way of diagnosing diabetes in a CFer and is more accurate. I know anything over 110 in the am pre-meal is to high and anything over 150 on a random is too high.
Since more of us experience a lack of appetite, I would really check the diabetes thing to rule it out at least.
Keep us posted,

pjspiegle

Keep us posted,

pjspiegle

Keep us posted,

pjspiegle

<br />Since more of us experience a lack of appetite, I would really check the diabetes thing to rule it out at least.
<br />Keep us posted,