Vest and Hemoptysis

Georgiagirl

A few questions, trying to find feedback on:

1. Does anyone find they are in trouble when they take too many anti-inflammatory products, i.e., ibuprofen, garlic, fish oil,tumeric...etc. that cause bleeds?

2. Do you have bleeds from hypertonic, Tobi or Pulmozyme?

3. Do you ever find that doing a Vest treatment causes a bleed, perhaps 3, 4, 5 hours later?

4. Anyone have a bleed after swimming or other exercise?

5. Anyone find that a bleed can occur just by lying flat?

Thanks, greatly appreciate any thoughts on this topic!

Georgiagirl

1. Does anyone find they are in trouble when they take too many anti-inflammatory products, i.e., ibuprofen, garlic, fish oil,tumeric...etc. that cause bleeds?

2. Do you have bleeds from hypertonic, Tobi or Pulmozyme?

3. Do you ever find that doing a Vest treatment causes a bleed, perhaps 3, 4, 5 hours later?

4. Anyone have a bleed after swimming or other exercise?

5. Anyone find that a bleed can occur just by lying flat?

Thanks, greatly appreciate any thoughts on this topic!

Georgiagirl

<br />
<br />1. Does anyone find they are in trouble when they take too many anti-inflammatory products, i.e., ibuprofen, garlic, fish oil,tumeric...etc. that cause bleeds?
<br />
<br />2. Do you have bleeds from hypertonic, Tobi or Pulmozyme?
<br />
<br />3. Do you ever find that doing a Vest treatment causes a bleed, perhaps 3, 4, 5 hours later?
<br />
<br />4. Anyone have a bleed after swimming or other exercise?
<br />
<br />5. Anyone find that a bleed can occur just by lying flat?
<br />
<br />Thanks, greatly appreciate any thoughts on this topic!

W

windex125

I can't say and of the above has caused me to bleed, it just happens most times when I am feeling at my best. A few yrs. back I had bleeding for 5 weeks had to give myself shots of vitamin K have not had a eposiode since then of pure red blood. But still get streaking in the sputum and the taste of blood I now take a 5mg vitmain K every other day just to keep it in ck more or less. Were bleeders sooner or later it just happens. Pat-56/CF

W

windex125

I can't say and of the above has caused me to bleed, it just happens most times when I am feeling at my best. A few yrs. back I had bleeding for 5 weeks had to give myself shots of vitamin K have not had a eposiode since then of pure red blood. But still get streaking in the sputum and the taste of blood I now take a 5mg vitmain K every other day just to keep it in ck more or less. Were bleeders sooner or later it just happens. Pat-56/CF

W

windex125

krisgabes

My bleeds come at sporadic moments. Sometimes I get bleeds at the gym after my cardio, and then the polar opposite I could get a bleed just laying around doing nothing. I mostly get them though when my lungs are worked up, so sometimes a few hours after hypertonic saline inhalations. It all depends. Hope this helps!

Oh yea, almost forgot to agree with Pat that taking Vitamin K almost immediately helps me stop any further bleeds. Anytime I have one I take Vitamin K 20 mg for 5 days.

krisgabes

My bleeds come at sporadic moments. Sometimes I get bleeds at the gym after my cardio, and then the polar opposite I could get a bleed just laying around doing nothing. I mostly get them though when my lungs are worked up, so sometimes a few hours after hypertonic saline inhalations. It all depends. Hope this helps!

Oh yea, almost forgot to agree with Pat that taking Vitamin K almost immediately helps me stop any further bleeds. Anytime I have one I take Vitamin K 20 mg for 5 days.

krisgabes

<br />
<br />Oh yea, almost forgot to agree with Pat that taking Vitamin K almost immediately helps me stop any further bleeds. Anytime I have one I take Vitamin K 20 mg for 5 days.

Mallymookcf

well i can say that each one of your examples i have had experiences where i have coughed up blood. i have frequent hemoptysis. although i did see some correlation with the hemoptysis and a change in my hormones ...like on my menstural cycle i would almost everytime do it. so now i am on meds to keep me from having a period. i suppose it could be the lasticity of your blood vessels are more brittle during hormonal times. my doctor did explain to me that nothing is usually to blame for the bleeds, like excersize, etc.. and that if your lungs are gonna have a bleed it will happen whenever or wherever. i am sure some force onto the lungs may make the bleed happen sooner than later, but that the bleed was going to happen anyways she explained. we actuall=y had this conversation because i was cared to do any of the things i have ever done while coughing up blood, like working out...but she said that working out didnt cause my bleed and that i need to continue to workout so that my lungs stay healthy and i will then in turn have less bleeds. and i think lwhen you bleed lying down...which is very common for me... i think, and i may be wrong, but maybe the blood is trickling in your lungs and then when you lay down gravity forces it out. sorry if i am rambling., hope this helps!

Mallymookcf

well i can say that each one of your examples i have had experiences where i have coughed up blood. i have frequent hemoptysis. although i did see some correlation with the hemoptysis and a change in my hormones ...like on my menstural cycle i would almost everytime do it. so now i am on meds to keep me from having a period. i suppose it could be the lasticity of your blood vessels are more brittle during hormonal times. my doctor did explain to me that nothing is usually to blame for the bleeds, like excersize, etc.. and that if your lungs are gonna have a bleed it will happen whenever or wherever. i am sure some force onto the lungs may make the bleed happen sooner than later, but that the bleed was going to happen anyways she explained. we actuall=y had this conversation because i was cared to do any of the things i have ever done while coughing up blood, like working out...but she said that working out didnt cause my bleed and that i need to continue to workout so that my lungs stay healthy and i will then in turn have less bleeds. and i think lwhen you bleed lying down...which is very common for me... i think, and i may be wrong, but maybe the blood is trickling in your lungs and then when you lay down gravity forces it out. sorry if i am rambling., hope this helps!

Mallymookcf

Georgiagirl

Thanks to all for sharing, it helps to know that others experience the same kind of thing, so when your Dr. looks at you like you are crazy...well, then you at least know you aren't the only one! We as CFers rarely follow any "textbook" diagnosis!! Hope all have a great day!

Georgiagirl

Thanks to all for sharing, it helps to know that others experience the same kind of thing, so when your Dr. looks at you like you are crazy...well, then you at least know you aren't the only one! We as CFers rarely follow any "textbook" diagnosis!! Hope all have a great day!

Georgiagirl