Vest and postural drainage

anonymous345

Has anyone tried their vest while in a postural drainage position? Just wondering if there would be a benefit, or does the vest do a good enough job without? I did postural drainage and percussion up until I went to college and responded well to it, but haven't done it since then (almost 20 years). I think the vest and drainage would kind of be like old school CPT. Would love some input if anyone has done this with success. Thanks!

anonymous345

Has anyone tried their vest while in a postural drainage position? Just wondering if there would be a benefit, or does the vest do a good enough job without? I did postural drainage and percussion up until I went to college and responded well to it, but haven't done it since then (almost 20 years). I think the vest and drainage would kind of be like old school CPT. Would love some input if anyone has done this with success. Thanks!

Beccamom

My daughter has not done the vest specifically with postural drainage, but she does the vest and nebs hypertonic saline while doing physical therapy exercises for her knees. She really seems to get a lot of mucus up, but I don't know if it is specifically better with because of the position changes or if specific positions for postural drainage would be even better. Thanks for posting I am curious as well.

Beccamom

My daughter has not done the vest specifically with postural drainage, but she does the vest and nebs hypertonic saline while doing physical therapy exercises for her knees. She really seems to get a lot of mucus up, but I don't know if it is specifically better with because of the position changes or if specific positions for postural drainage would be even better. Thanks for posting I am curious as well.