Vest and Runny Nose

SadiesMom

This is probably a dumb question, but ever since my 15-month old started using her vest she has a constant runny nose. She's always stuffy and sounds like she has trouble breathing through her nose. Is this normal? Does this mean the vest is working? I feel so bad for her 'cause when she eats it sounds like she can barely breathe.

SadiesMom

This is probably a dumb question, but ever since my 15-month old started using her vest she has a constant runny nose. She's always stuffy and sounds like she has trouble breathing through her nose. Is this normal? Does this mean the vest is working? I feel so bad for her 'cause when she eats it sounds like she can barely breathe.

SadiesMom

static

Try to give her Nasal Spray or a Saline Rinse to clear out the sinuses after using the vest, but check with your doctor first to make sure she is the appropiate age.

When I do my vest I always keep a box of tissues next to me. Sometimes it seems I blow out more than I cough up.

static

Try to give her Nasal Spray or a Saline Rinse to clear out the sinuses after using the vest, but check with your doctor first to make sure she is the appropiate age.

When I do my vest I always keep a box of tissues next to me. Sometimes it seems I blow out more than I cough up.

static

<br />
<br />When I do my vest I always keep a box of tissues next to me. Sometimes it seems I blow out more than I cough up.

Hardak

I would suggest a Saline rinse, and check with your doc's. I know my self after I've done airway clearance sense my FEV 1 dropped to the 40%ish range that I end up with a nose full of crud.

Hardak

I would suggest a Saline rinse, and check with your doc's. I know my self after I've done airway clearance sense my FEV 1 dropped to the 40%ish range that I end up with a nose full of crud.

Hardak

hmw

Has she started some new nebs with the vest? Pulmozyme got Emily's nose running a little, hypertonic saline a LOT. There is a chance the vest is helping whatever nebs she is doing get a lot deeper into her respiratory tract; in any case getting things moving vs. it staying stuck up there is a good thing to me- the congestion was always there before and now it's doing something to help loosen things up. I agree with trying a saline spray or rinse afterwards, or if you aren't using a neb during the vest to help open things up, maybe it would be a good idea to try.

hmw

Has she started some new nebs with the vest? Pulmozyme got Emily's nose running a little, hypertonic saline a LOT. There is a chance the vest is helping whatever nebs she is doing get a lot deeper into her respiratory tract; in any case getting things moving vs. it staying stuck up there is a good thing to me- the congestion was always there before and now it's doing something to help loosen things up. I agree with trying a saline spray or rinse afterwards, or if you aren't using a neb during the vest to help open things up, maybe it would be a good idea to try.

hmw