Vest Exchange

chattyfamily

Can a person get a used vest from someone or are they all cutom fit? There is also the passing of germs to consider. I just don't know if there is something like a vest exchange. Thanks.

chattyfamily

Can a person get a used vest from someone or are they all cutom fit? There is also the passing of germs to consider. I just don't know if there is something like a vest exchange. Thanks.

chattyfamily

LouLou

I know Hill-Rom has a program to help get someone a vest that can't afford it or doesn't have insurance to cover it. The other company's may do something like this as well. The Vest that HR will give you will likely be refurbished (used). It will come with all the warantees that a "new" vest will come with. Another option is Ebay but there would be no warantee and I wouldn't be surprised if the manufacturer refuses to work on it if it needs fixed.

I'm not sure if you have seen a Vest but the machine is the valuable part and doesn't get contaminated by use. The fabric vest jacket is a very inexpensive item and would never be redistributed used. I would never put one on that another cfer has used. In fact, when you get a Vest machine you can call the company and get new vest jackets as needed because they do become worn or crudy. Personally, I can't stand when the velcro gets all junked up...I just call and get a new one.

Are you in America? Do you have insurance? I bet you can get one. The studies have proven that it is a good purchase for insurance to cover because it saves them money in the long run through reduction in hospitalizations.

LouLou

I know Hill-Rom has a program to help get someone a vest that can't afford it or doesn't have insurance to cover it. The other company's may do something like this as well. The Vest that HR will give you will likely be refurbished (used). It will come with all the warantees that a "new" vest will come with. Another option is Ebay but there would be no warantee and I wouldn't be surprised if the manufacturer refuses to work on it if it needs fixed.

I'm not sure if you have seen a Vest but the machine is the valuable part and doesn't get contaminated by use. The fabric vest jacket is a very inexpensive item and would never be redistributed used. I would never put one on that another cfer has used. In fact, when you get a Vest machine you can call the company and get new vest jackets as needed because they do become worn or crudy. Personally, I can't stand when the velcro gets all junked up...I just call and get a new one.

Are you in America? Do you have insurance? I bet you can get one. The studies have proven that it is a good purchase for insurance to cover because it saves them money in the long run through reduction in hospitalizations.

LouLou

ViviansMom

We just went up in vest size and I afford to donate our old vest to our clinic for whom ever needed it and the doctor told me the best I could do with it was to throw it away. As far as the machine goes it has a life time warrenty on it so we just call if we have a problem and we get what ever we need.

ViviansMom

We just went up in vest size and I afford to donate our old vest to our clinic for whom ever needed it and the doctor told me the best I could do with it was to throw it away. As far as the machine goes it has a life time warrenty on it so we just call if we have a problem and we get what ever we need.

ViviansMom

Debpat

Hi Im Debra and my son Patrick just passedaway April 14 2007.If you need a vest and machine I would gladly give you his.I dont know what to do with it.

Debpat

Hi Im Debra and my son Patrick just passedaway April 14 2007.If you need a vest and machine I would gladly give you his.I dont know what to do with it.

Debpat