Vest

laulau555

My vest is over 10 years old, the timer doesn't work, and it is imposssssible to move, its about 50 pounds. Last year the physical therapist said I could get a new smaller one for when I go to college, but now she says insurance won't pay for it only replace the model I have. WHICH IS STUPID. Does any one know how I could get around this? Or get one second hand? We did see one on ebay for 400 but i don't know how reliable that is. Is there any way to rent a vest if I can't get a new one?

laulau555

My vest is over 10 years old, the timer doesn't work, and it is imposssssible to move, its about 50 pounds. Last year the physical therapist said I could get a new smaller one for when I go to college, but now she says insurance won't pay for it only replace the model I have. WHICH IS STUPID. Does any one know how I could get around this? Or get one second hand? We did see one on ebay for 400 but i don't know how reliable that is. Is there any way to rent a vest if I can't get a new one?

laulau555

laulau555

laulau555

nick9742

I have one from around 2004 that I don't use anymore. I wouldn't mind donating it to you. PM me if you're interested.

nick9742

I have one from around 2004 that I don't use anymore. I wouldn't mind donating it to you. PM me if you're interested.

nick9742

nick9742

nick9742

dukeblue1206

Sounds like u might have the same vest as me. Ive had mine about 10 years to. I hate it cause its huge and heavy. When i go on vacation its such a pain to lug around. I asked about getting a new one with my CF center but it sounds like insurance will not let that happen. In my case there has to be something mechanically wrong with it. I know my insurance doesnt pay for it outright. They make payments on it. Although by now they have probably paid it off and thats why they dont want to let me get another cause they would just have to pay all over again. It can be very frustrating dealing with the insurance companies.

dukeblue1206

Sounds like u might have the same vest as me. Ive had mine about 10 years to. I hate it cause its huge and heavy. When i go on vacation its such a pain to lug around. I asked about getting a new one with my CF center but it sounds like insurance will not let that happen. In my case there has to be something mechanically wrong with it. I know my insurance doesnt pay for it outright. They make payments on it. Although by now they have probably paid it off and thats why they dont want to let me get another cause they would just have to pay all over again. It can be very frustrating dealing with the insurance companies.

dukeblue1206

dukeblue1206

dukeblue1206

LouLou

If your ins. has changed since you got the old one. Change co's and get a Respirtech. Even if it's changed, Hilrom is obliged by law to tell your new ins. that you have one w a lifetime warantee. They screw themselves in this way. I have gotten a new vest this way. I also got a new Hilrom vest by writing a ltr to the effect that I needed a portable one for biz travel. You could easily re-write it for college needs. The letter is on my blog. Good luck!

LouLou

If your ins. has changed since you got the old one. Change co's and get a Respirtech. Even if it's changed, Hilrom is obliged by law to tell your new ins. that you have one w a lifetime warantee. They screw themselves in this way. I have gotten a new vest this way. I also got a new Hilrom vest by writing a ltr to the effect that I needed a portable one for biz travel. You could easily re-write it for college needs. The letter is on my blog. Good luck!

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou