vest

wanderlost

how do I go about getting a vest? is it hard to get insurance to pay? how much are they? do you like using it - does it work? what company makes it? thanks!

wanderlost

how do I go about getting a vest? is it hard to get insurance to pay? how much are they? do you like using it - does it work? what company makes it? thanks!

wanderlost

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Your doctor needs to write you a script, then they send the paperwork to the vest company for insurance purposes....

There are three vest companies. Can't remember the names off the top of my head. Hill Rom, Smart Vest...

We've had a Vest for DS for the past month. I still do manual CPT for the early morning treatment 'cuz he's usually sleeping. But it is more convenient. Don't have to work around anyone else's schedule. If DS or I are out of town or at a meeting, we don't have to make arrangments for someone to come in and help out. DS doesn't like it when it first starts up -- says it goes too fast, but then he gets caught up in his tv show and forgets.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Your doctor needs to write you a script, then they send the paperwork to the vest company for insurance purposes....

There are three vest companies. Can't remember the names off the top of my head. Hill Rom, Smart Vest...

We've had a Vest for DS for the past month. I still do manual CPT for the early morning treatment 'cuz he's usually sleeping. But it is more convenient. Don't have to work around anyone else's schedule. If DS or I are out of town or at a meeting, we don't have to make arrangments for someone to come in and help out. DS doesn't like it when it first starts up -- says it goes too fast, but then he gets caught up in his tv show and forgets.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

sdstate

My daughter (8 yrs old) got the Vest one year ago. The vest company handled ALL the insurance issues. They told me that they would fight every angle if the insurance company wouldn't pay but that with CF majority of insurance companies don't fight it. I think it was $10,000 or something like that.

sdstate

My daughter (8 yrs old) got the Vest one year ago. The vest company handled ALL the insurance issues. They told me that they would fight every angle if the insurance company wouldn't pay but that with CF majority of insurance companies don't fight it. I think it was $10,000 or something like that.

sdstate