Vest

M

madiha shaikh

Hi.
i belong to pakistan.i had been reading the advance treament plan that is being applied on cf patients in usa and uk.can anyone guide me regarding if i can apply it here especially the vest thing.i want to buy it but it is not available here in pakistan.how much it cost ?

Beccamom

There three companies that makes vests Hill Rom makes The Vest which my daughter and I have. There is also the Smar Vest and Reapirtec. You can contact each company and they have payment plan options if insurance won't cover the vest. See which offers a price company or payment plan that you may be able to afford. In the meantime, are you doing Manuel chest CPT?

Hi.
i belong to pakistan.i had been reading the advance treament plan that is being applied on cf patients in usa and uk.can anyone guide me regarding if i can apply it here especially the vest thing.i want to buy it but it is not available here in pakistan.how much it cost ?

M

madiha shaikh

Thank you so much for the help.i will look for the price plan.i am confused in one thing..how frequently the sizes of the vest have to be changed ? Yes manual cpt along with suctioning which actually is irritating for the small child :(

Gammaw

Super Moderator
Vest sizes change based on the chest measurement of your child. So it depends on how fast they grow. My son started wearing the vest at 3 years old and is now 8. We've probably had around 3 or 4 vests during that time period. That might give you an idea. I'm sure whatever vest company you choose can tell you how to measure and when to change. Our Respirtech In Courage vest machine cost around $15000.00 but it appears to have a lifetime warranty. Whenever it had a problem, they replaced it promptly and with no charge. They can also walk you thru setup over the phone when necessary. www.respirtech.com/

M

madiha shaikh

The only thing that is questioanable is if i get this instrument here in pakistan how am i going to claim on warranty.i have no issue with that if i get assurance that it doesnt trouble that much.?how often you need to get it checked or replaced.?? Right now i am not even sure if they are ready to ship it here.onem ore question.how much it costs buying the vest only?

JustaCFmom

This company is specifically for international customers and the price is much more reasonable. They sell *refurbished* vest machines. http://www.affordablemedequipment.com/

Another idea is getting a pediatric percussor http://www.ebay.com/itm/G5-VIBRACAR...er-PEDIATRIC-GERIATRIC-Home-Use-/370557858186

I also found this. http://www.g5.com/Freedom/index.php

One of the best things is the trampoline. i think Sweden still uses it as part of their physio program. Jump ropes are also good.

(VEST)Good luck!(VEST)

Gammaw

Super Moderator
I like cfmom's idea of a site for international customers. But to answer your questions, we get our vests from our cf clinic, altho I'm sure they bill our insurance so I don't know how much each vest costs. I will say that anyone with the same machine probably has vests in all sizes up to their current size! But you would obviously want to ensure they were thoroughly cleaned and sterilized first. They are washable. We've had a problem with the machine twice in 6 years. Both times I called the company and they simply sent a new one, and required the old one be returned in the same box. They also paid shipping. I don't know how it would work in Pakistan. But you could certainly call them and ask all these questions. Good Luck.